At&t Buying Dish-good Or Bad For Dnsc?

ped832

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
South east Idaho
Heard a rumor yesterday from a fellow installer that AT&T was considering buying Dish. Reasearched the web and found it to be old news, not a rumor. (That research also helped me find this site.....I signed up immediately:up) The next rumor was that AT&T would eliminate DNSC and sub out all installation work. Good news for my friend who is subbing for a Dish contractor. Any comments on that rumor? What does this potential purchase mean for any of us...DNSC, subs, retailer installers, etc.:confused:

I have heard that SOME company would be buying Dish in the next 6 months for the last 10 years! It started with NewsCorp in 1998 and this is the third of fourth go-around for AT&T.

I am now to the point of "I'll believe it after the sale is announced and approved." Until then, it's just so much hot air!

See ya
Tony

Ya, I hear this rumor every 6 months or so. Everyone from AT&T to AOL/Time Warner to DIRECTV to Turner cable. When/if it happens they got my blessing. Can't stand DNSC and the new Bullsh!t QA's crap so no more DNSC Offices, That would be better than finding a Domino's Pizza in the middle of the desert after walking in the heat for 10 day's of 120 degree summer heat .........mmmmmm 2 liter of coke and a sausage pizza?........wow.....

Ya, I hear this rumor every 6 months or so. Everyone from AT&T to AOL/Time Warner to DIRECTV to Turner cable. When/if it happens they got my blessing. Can't stand DNSC and the new Bullsh!t QA's crap so no more DNSC Offices, That would be better than finding a Domino's Pizza in the middle of the desert after walking in the heat for 10 day's of 120 degree summer heat .........mmmmmm 2 liter of coke and a sausage pizza?........wow.....

They dont have domino's in the middle of the desert. They have Pizza hut! ;):p:) I would know :)

The logical course would be to eliminate the subs and complete all jobs through DNSC. Buy out the major RSP's and they become DNSC offices and E* employees. THAT would be more like AT&T.

AT&T has a policy not to sub installation work. If someone comes to your house they will be an AT&T employee. My thought would be they would use the loss of contractors and use the current IPTV installers to also do a total video solution be it dish or U-Verse. In the NON-22 state footprint I would imagine AT&T would contract out in those cases. Thus giving them one synergy of any deal reached.

Doesn't look like it will happen anyway. I read today that CHarlie ERgen seems to be the one holding up any deal and even though they would be a good fit if ATT did buy DISH , he simply doesn't want to give up control of his business. THere are no talks now at all confirmed by three different newspaper sources one of them being the Wall Street Journal . THey also said Charlie likes running his own business and isn't ready to give up control over it since he started it in 1980. They also said the more you negotiate with Charlie Ergen the less common ground you have.

Yea but then DNSC wouldn't be able to QA our jobs as much and backcharge us for every little thing and make us do free work

Uh, AT&T treats its installers like sh*t. I used to install U-Verse. and I could write a book about the horrible experience. I don't know how DISH treats its technicians, but us call center reps get treated pretty well. I know I am, at least.

Uh, AT&T treats its installers like sh*t. I used to install U-Verse. and I could write a book about the horrible experience. I don't know how DISH treats its technicians, but us call center reps get treated pretty well. I know I am, at least.

dish treats their tech with good bonus and good promotion if you work hard. but to dnsc work hard mean go to the moon and grab piece of rock for them.

as dns tech. it can't get any wrost. we will prob loose alot of overtime. but we will go home on time to our family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)