AT&T DIRECTV CEO Speaks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did anybody read that? MAX speeds of only 10MBps, with upload MAX of only 1MBps.

You certainly can't connect a whole house full of devices with that slow of speeds. I admit it beats heck out of Satellite internet, but not much else.

Did anybody read that? MAX speeds of only 10MBps, with upload MAX of only 1MBps.

You certainly can't connect a whole house full of devices with that slow of speeds. I admit it beats heck out of Satellite internet, but not much else.
For now..upgrades coming

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I can't answer the last question until the service rolls out..but yes to everything else
Juan do you know how the DVR would work with 5g? Would it be built into the 5g WIFI Router? A separate DVR that outputs to 4k over HDMI? Or would it be a cloud DVR?

Juan do you know how the DVR would work with 5g? Would it be built into the 5g WIFI Router? A separate DVR that outputs to 4k over HDMI? Or would it be a cloud DVR?
The same as it works over broadband..nothing special

one gig with a 22gb limit, should take all of one minute or less to use all your data

Baby bell doesn't compete against baby bell

All of CenturyLink is not a "baby Bell" just most of that in the legacy Qwest areas. A large part of CenturyLink was CenturyTel, and Embarq which was independent non Bell territory.
CenturyLink is not overly concerned with their consumer division anyway. After the L3 acquisition goes through, consumer will amount for a little less than 25% of their business.
Wouldn't surprise me for them to spin it off, or sell it to Frontier.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

All of CenturyLink is not a "baby Bell" just most of that in the legacy Qwest areas. A large part of CenturyLink was CenturyTel, and Embarq which was independent non Bell territory.
CenturyLink is not overly concerned with their consumer division anyway. After the L3 acquisition goes through, consumer will amount for a little less than 25% of their business.
Wouldn't surprise me for them to spin it off, or sell it to Frontier.

No kidding..neither is Verizon or att..in case you didn't know it..Verizon owns a big chunk of frontier..they still don't compete against each other and never will

No kidding..neither is Verizon or att..in case you didn't know it..Verizon owns a big chunk of frontier..they still don't compete against each other and never will

What do you mean "Verizon owns a big chunk of Frontier"? Verizon has sold Frontier legacy wireline assets multiple times, but they do not own Frontier.

What do you mean "Verizon owns a big chunk of Frontier"? Verizon has sold Frontier legacy wireline assets multiple times, but they do not own Frontier.

Frontier is a joint venture between Verizon and someone else.. Verizon is a major shareholder in Frontier..its not like Verizon wireless but similar to the deal they did in New England..with landlines

Frontier is a joint venture between Verizon and someone else.. Verizon is a major shareholder in Frontier..its not like Verizon wireless but similar to the deal they did in New England..with landlines

So is that why when I had Verizon leave me for 1st and internet and Frontier took over they both Sucked ...

How would the 5g work in the home? I guess you would just have a 5g Gateway and that would connect to the cloud DVR? I guess then TV's, PC's Client Boxes and Game Consoles would have 5g built into them and those wouldn't need to have Ethernet connected to them? If so would 5g being distributed in the home be reliable and the signal wouldn't break up?
Basically the same way it does at my house I have 5G Wi-Fi with my cable company

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts