AT&T may buy echostar,what then?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
Wall street is anticipating a buyout of E* later this year,anybody have any thoughts or knowledge on whether this along with the possible loss of the tivo appeal will have a negative effect on the overall fuctions and abilitys of the dvr's. Part of the tivo lawsuit win was to make dish deactivate all dvr's. it's been said earlier that Charlie wouldn't let this happen but if he sells then what?

Right now I dont think anyone knows and for most part it seems to be just speculation. Overall if this did happen I think it would be bad for Dish due to AT&T is not the best Telco out there as far as service and so forth. Its always better to have your services from different companies and not all wrap up in one. Like they say never put all of your eggs in one basket.

I used to despise AT&T when it was Ameritech here in Ohio, but I gave them a 2nd shot a couple years back because Time Warner was worse (by that point they were SBC, after changing names). After coming back (for land line, 2 cell phones, and DSL internet) I've been pleasantly surprised by their service. I would not be upset if they bought Dish, as they could certainly help build on top of the TV service with deeper pockets.

I would not mind if dish and ATT went on some joint venture, but I think I would feel better about the whole thing if the same people (Charlie) were running things.

As I have said before, this makes too much sense not to happen.

Neither Dish not Directv will be inependent.

I anticipate that first ATT will buy Dish. This will back the cable companies into a corner and then a consortium of them will buy Directv.

In the future, national channels will be delivered en masse via Satellite. Locals and "interactive" services will be delivered via some sort of cable or IPTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts