AT&T No Longer Associated with DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ritaco

Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Kentucky
I contacted AT&T yesterday about my bundled bill and was told that they are no longer associated with DirecTV and are now partnered with Dish Network. I didn't think to ask at the time and will have to call them back, but I wonder since they are no longer partnered will they tack on the $10.00 a month discount I have been enjoying on my DirecTV bill? The rep was kinda pushing to have me switch to Dish with an offer of America's Top 200 which includes local, I have three receivers now one of which is a DVR and was told that they would set me up with two DVR's at no additional cost and no set up fee for $49.99 a month. I've looked with both of their sites and can't quite decipher if the package I have now (Choice Plus) is comparable to the Dish's Top 200. Does any know and what do you think of this deal? I am paying right now about $65-70 per month.

If HD is a priority to you id stick with Direct because they offer the most hd channels. If its not id go with Dish because that sounds like a great deal.

I would be careful when looking at this deal. The $49.99 is most likely the base package only. I just did this configuration on the dish site and the breakdown was as follows.

Americas Top 200 $44.95
Locals $5.00
Equipment Fees $16.96
Total $66.95

Looks like the pricing is pretty much the same as you are paying now.

Your also most likely locked into a two year contract with direct as well and will be if you go with dish. I've had both and the PQ tends to be the same, pro's for dish are the dual tuners to run two tv's, down side is the lack of hd and all the additional fee's, pros for direct is all the hd and the lack of additional fee's, con is the lack of a dual tuner to run two tv's and the need to have two coax go to a dvr.

As an installer, I note that the main reason folks switch from Dish to Direct is the local program situation. This is different in each market. Also the LOS issue comes up the DTV elevation to the 101 sat is higher (easier to hit) than the DISH elevation to their birds. HBO is HBO.

Joe

I never saw the locals being the lead issue for switching, it tended to be nfl ticket about half the time and the fee's the other half, some times it would be they just wanted to try something new and then there was always the issue with bad service and high prices to upgrade. LOS is always there but that tends to be more an inexperienced tech issue.

AT&T has been with DISH for quite awhile now.
They has an agreement with D* for the Bell South customers, but now that Bell South is no longer, they will drop the D and only offer the DISH along with their U Verse, in certian areas.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)