Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
AT&T DirecTV System.jpg

Overall, this makes total sense.

My question is the "3rd Party Broadband" access point (CPE). I wonder what this means/what kind of deal that AT&T is going to come up with? After all, I'm sure many folks are like me where even though we're comfortably ensconced in eastern metro Atlanta, AT&T only provides 1.5Mbps DSL to our location; we rely upon Comcast HSI for 75Mbps broadband.

Related, and timely -- since Apple is similarly making a new product and/or service splash in a couple of weeks, if they also intro subscription TV service (which "smart money" rumors suggest won't be till Q1 2016), wouldn't they also need a similar deal as well?

I think the thread’s OP had a moment there…the word ‘combining’ should be used. (Can the thread’s title be revised?)

I'll have to call since trying to do it online is useless.
I've never tried something like that online, typically if you want to bundle a package with ANY service you should have to call in, I'm sure they want to inform you of how everything works.

What I want to know is will it be the latest Genie HD DVR with AT&T's RG built in? Or will they still be two separate units? I guess if its an all in one unit will it be bigger than the HR-44/54?

What I want to know is will it be the latest Genie HD DVR with AT&T's RG built in? Or will they still be two separate units? I guess if its an all in one unit will it be bigger than the HR-44/54?

I had a discussion a while back pertaining to this directly with directv management. (He's over my region) and I know they're wanting a DTV receiver to run everything including home phone. Supposedly they're going to start phasing out the HRDVR and go with strictly a genie client system. If your order and HDDVR you'll get an HR34 and they plan on phasing out the 34 for genie systems and run them as HDDVRS (don't ask because I'm not sure why they'd do this either). This is why the genie lite was introduced. You can get a genie lite and 3 clients instead of 4 HD's and to upgrade its as simple as calling in and them drop shipping an external hard drive

So basically they are switching to a Server/Client based system, where you would have one central Genie box and Genie Mini's? I guess they won't allow for tuner based HD DVR's and HD Receiver's anymore? Does that sound like they are moving to SAT-IP? Also do you know if they plan on expanding RVU to PC's and Game Consoles? Thanks, Craig.

Here's a thought that just came to me. What if AT&T plans to sell off their UVerse & DSL assets & just concentrates on wireless. They can "justify" this with the FCC by saying that they are expanding "wireless" broadband internet. I haven't heard anything concrete about this,nor have I heard any rumors,I just think that this is the logical next step for them & completely explains their Directv/AT&T Wireless Bundle(that & the fact that Uverse &/or DSL isn't offered everywhere like wireless service is). I reached this theory by comparing the AT&T/Directv merger with the potential Dish/T-Mobile merger. If AT&T could shed UVerse & their DSL service,it would solve their headache about expanding broadband internet to more places(AND the fact that UVerse will expand around the small town I live in,BUT it will NEVER cross into the city limits of my town. If UVerse ever ends up in my small town,it will be because my small town expanded its city borders into areas that already had UVerse installed).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts