AT&T Takes U-Turn on U-Verse as It Pushes Users Toward DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats sad, thats not what is suppose to happen, if they want U Verse and are in the U Verse area, they are suppose to be able to get it.

Have them call back.

and tell them your landlord or HOA won't allow a satellite dish! lol

Reactions: Jimbo
Talk of U-turns ahead makes me think more and more about heading for the Exit ramp. Getting Gigabit within the next several months which might be a game changer for me. TV, wireless (ATT), phone, security, and Internet all bundled at a price much lower than any ATT/DirecTV bundles. I've been with DirecTV since '97 and it would be tough leaving. That said, it would be nice to get away from my stove-piped services from incompatible platforms in exchange for something truly integrated. Lots of head-scratching ahead. Love my "old" DirecTV and my Ooma VOIP. Definitely would give up Verizon Wireless and Time Warner Internet. Security is pretty much covered by "Mr. Remington" as long as I'm home.

and tell them your landlord or HOA won't allow a satellite dish! lol

I thought the FCC pretty much settled that they cannot deny a small dish. I know they can thwart efforts by requiring set-backs and prohibiting affixed mountings but generally one can install a dish.

I thought the FCC pretty much settled that they cannot deny a small dish. I know they can thwart efforts by requiring set-backs and prohibiting affixed mountings but generally one can install a dish.

If your "exclusive use area" does not face south you are royally screwed. HOA/Condos/Apartments etc do not have to allow you to install a dish in a common area.

Also even if your exclusive use area (balcony) does face south, Mastec etc may still refuse to install it citing that there is no ground available since the electrical boxes are in the common area. Then self install usually isn't an option because the satellite addendum's usually state it has to be installed in the exclusive use area by a qualified technician.

I once got my lease terminated over having a 18" DirecTV dish (this was pre HD days) on a low profile stand I made in my exclusive use area and had the wire going under a door with a flat adapter.

These days I won't live in anything but a single family home.

The Mods on this forum have a bug up their ass about me talking about Nokia and kept deleting my posts. I disclosed almost a year ago what the exact future hardware plans and direction that will take place

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)