AT&T voted best business network in the world.

More positive news today about AT&T:

AT&T* announced today that it anticipates its pending acquisition of wireless assets from Verizon Wireless to be completed in the first quarter of 2010. On May 8, 2009, the two companies entered into an agreement under which AT&T would acquire properties from Verizon Wireless, including licenses, network assets and 1.5 million subscribers (as of signing) in 79 service areas across 18 states.

Verizon Wireless is required to divest these properties as part of the regulatory approvals granted for its purchase of Alltel earlier this year. The transaction primarily represents former Alltel assets, but it also includes assets from Verizon Wireless and the former Rural Cellular Corporation.

AT&T's acquisition of the properties remains contingent upon regulatory approval. Reviews by the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice are under way, and both AT&T and Verizon Wireless remain committed to closing the transaction as soon as possible.

To be fair though, this isn't really the service people often are debating in this forum.

I never said it was. The point is that many business users prefer AT&T service and I'd imagine that more than a few of them use iPhones. Consumer Reports isn't the only group that rates customer satisfaction.

I never said it was. The point is that many business users prefer AT&T service and I'd imagine that more than a few of them use iPhones. Consumer Reports isn't the only group that rates customer satisfaction.
My employer uses ATT for wireless service and doesn't allow iPhones to be used as "work" phones. If you want "apps", you get a Blackberry. If you want a plain-jane phone, it's the typical Razr or other basic phone.

My employer uses ATT for wireless service and doesn't allow iPhones to be used as "work" phones. If you want "apps", you get a Blackberry. If you want a plain-jane phone, it's the typical Razr or other basic phone.

Same here Hall. iPhones are explicitly forbidden by our corporate offices. Blackberries for the connected users and some mishmash of other phones for other employees.

We also have the option to get our own service and get reimbursed up to a certain $ amount, but again, they will not reimburse for iphone accounts on ATT, but have no problem paying for my sprint plan with an android phone since to them it's just a data plan and not a special plan like the iphone plans.

Data cards are ATT/Verizon/Sprint mix depending on prevalent data coverage for the users area. Everyone in my area is Sprint and some Verizon data since ATT has not 3g here. Our companies preference list in order is:
Sprint (due to price)
Verizon
ATT
regional carrier if it works better for the user.

That's funny, because my brother in law works for a MS gold member certified company (distributes MS products and does IT and MS training) and his company uses ATT for wireless service. Most of these MS people, including himself, are using iPhones (the only Apple product they use).

The 3G service in my area was upgraded fairly recently by AT&T, I can now get 3G in my neighborhood, even in my basement, where I was lucky to get EDGE before. A few things may get me to switch to Verizon however, if the iPhone is introduced on Verizon (as is rumored in 2010), and AT&T starts charging more for data usage as they're speculating. Up to this point I've had no problems with the service.

Not sure which thread to drop this in, so this one it is!

Slashdot Apple Story | Angry AT&T Customers May Disrupt Service

"Fake Steve Jobs, the alter-alias of Newsweek's Dan Lyons, is calling disgruntled AT&T users to protest comments from AT&T’s Ralph de la Vega that smart phone (specifically iPhone) usage is responsible for their network issues and his plan to end unlimited data plans. The post, dubbed 'Operation Chokehold,' wants AT&T customers to use as much data service as they can on Friday, December 18th at noon. While Fake Steve Jobs is notable for its satire, many Twitter and Facebook users seem to be rallying to its cry. It is unclear if there will be enough support to cause a DDOS."

Since this announcement, the FCC has even issued a scolding statement against the idea of trying to disrupt ATT's network.

http://www.fakesteve.net/

If Ralph de la Vega sees the salvation of AT&T's problems as getting rid of iphone users, then why doesn't he release Apple from the exclusivity now? This guy needs to have his priorities and attitude adjusted.

I'm not saying iphone on the Verizon network will be the salvation for all iphone users, but rather it should be open to users which network they have for their beloved iphone, not be held back and restricted by some corporate outdated exclusivity, monopoly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)