At the end of my rope with TCM

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I have reached the end of my rope with TCM. Between their recent emphasis on films from the 1980's and newer (If I wanted that I'd subscribe to Epix, Starz, or Cinemax) and the regular breakup of the picture and sound I have had it. I tried watching a movie yesterday and the picture was freezing and artifacting every few seconds to the point it became unwatchable. Then there are all the foreign language films plus overated junk like "Ghandi". Seriously, what is wrong with these people? TCM isn't TCM anymore, I'm done, rant over, carry on.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
I have reached the end of my rope with TCM. Between their recent emphasis on films from the 1980's and newer (If I wanted that I'd subscribe to Epix, Starz, or Cinemax) and the regular breakup of the picture and sound I have had it. I tried watching a movie yesterday and the picture was freezing and artifacting every few seconds to the point it became unwatchable. Then there are all the foreign language films plus overated junk like "Ghandi". Seriously, what is wrong with these people? TCM isn't TCM anymore, I'm done, rant over, carry on.
It is Oscars month. So they show movies with Oscars, like Ghandi... which won a lot of Oscars. I haven't watched TCM much so I don't know if TCM is showing any particular video artifacting issues.

Looking at the schedule for this week, most of the films are 60+ years old. The Artist is very recent, but won for best film (I recommend OSS 217: Nest of Spies, another great Dujardin film!). Looking at the last available week in April, again, maybe 5 to 10 films made after 1970 (50 years ago). I know we don't want to recognize it, but 1980 was 40 years ago!

It is Oscars month. So they show movies with Oscars, like Ghandi... which won a lot of Oscars. I haven't watched TCM much so I don't know if TCM is showing any particular video artifacting issues.

Looking at the schedule for this week, most of the films are 60+ years old. The Artist is very recent, but won for best film (I recommend OSS 217: Nest of Spies, another great Dujardin film!). Looking at the last available week in April, again, maybe 5 to 10 films made after 1970 (50 years ago). I know we don't want to recognize it, but 1980 was 40 years ago!
1980 was 42 years ago. Happens to be the year of my birth, and I turn 42 in September.

You know you can add the TCM app on your Roku? They also have east and west coast live feeds of the channel and all the movies you can watch any time if you sub to them in your satellite or cable programming pack.

You know you can add the TCM app on your Roku? They also have east and west coast live feeds of the channel and all the movies you can watch any time if you sub to them in your satellite or cable programming pack.

I've never been able to make that app work on my Roku.

It's kind of coming down to this, we have Dish and watch essentially 3 channels; Hallmark for the boss, TCM for me, and Magnolia (DYI) for both of us. I can get all the Mag stuff with my Discovery+ sub, I'm done with TCM, and Hallmark can be streamed so for the first time in over 15 years I'm seriously considering dropping Dish when the contract expires in October. Never thought I'd say that. :(

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)