At what percentage does D* start losing signal and pixelating

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep 50's for 101 SD and 30's for HD Mpeg4, but if your numbers are that low and there is no storm there is obviously a problem.

Any by those numbers we mean consistent, not just a couple low transponders as not all transponders have the same strength nor are all pointed at the entire US, some are used as spot beams and may always show low numbers.

My numbers are in the mid 80s during the day and the mid 70s at night? I dunno why. We had a rainy day a while back and I didn't lost signal on any channel that I noticed. It was light/moderate rain. Heavy rain I lose signal. My local abc lil is a mess. Audio drop outs and green pixelation. On AVS forum I posted this problem in the lexington HD section and another poster noticed it on his D* lil as well.

I've noticed that my local stations seem to go out first during bad weather, but it seems to be the "local local" ones. For example, I live in CT so I get NBC on 30 and 4, CT and NY respectively. There have been times when the CT feed is unwatchable but the NY feed is still decent.

I get great readings on almost everything, but my dish is ultra sensitive to any rain. I live by the water in Florida and we get some heavy rain bands, but even the slightest rain will knock out the signal. 2 weeks ago we had a heavy rain and I lost the HD signal on channel 610 on my Directv HD DVR. I was recording a sporting event and the signal was gone for 20 minutes. I was recording it on a SD DVR(a 5 year old Hughes DVR)at the same time. My old Hughes SD DVR recorded the entire event, and never lost the signal. Is this due to the fact that it's a standard def signal or is the Hughes doing a better job?

I get great readings on almost everything, but my dish is ultra sensitive to any rain. I live by the water in Florida and we get some heavy rain bands, but even the slightest rain will knock out the signal. 2 weeks ago we had a heavy rain and I lost the HD signal on channel 610 on my Directv HD DVR. I was recording a sporting event and the signal was gone for 20 minutes. I was recording it on a SD DVR(a 5 year old Hughes DVR)at the same time. My old Hughes SD DVR recorded the entire event, and never lost the signal. Is this due to the fact that it's a standard def signal or is the Hughes doing a better job?

It may be that the dish isn't peaked for the 99/103 sats. What are your strengths on those sats? Those two sats are much more sensitive to misalignment than their SD counterparts.

It may be that the dish isn't peaked for the 99/103 sats. What are your strengths on those sats? Those two sats are much more sensitive to misalignment than their SD counterparts.

This is how i know it's time to tweak my alignment again. When the HD counterparts drop immediately or many minutes before the sd's I know it's time to grab my ladder. I'm hoping the addition of the mounting support struts this year solves this problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)