AT9 install - OTA antenna not working ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
I had my 5LNB dish installed today and just noticed my locals are not coming in. I get my locals in HI-DEF through a OTA antenna. I'm pretty sure he didn't even touch the antenna and it looks like its hooked up - It's coming into a 6x8 multi-switch. Is it possible the switch is bad ? there are a couple of unused spots on the multiswitch - can i just switch the antenna position ? I think he reset the HR10-250 - could that have anything to do with it ? Directv is sending out a tech next Friday to fix it, and install a antenna that picks up both UHF & VHF ( my locals are split ) The antenna they installed two weeks ago only gets UHF. Next Friday will be the 4th time they came out...never had so much trouble with directv, but they are making it up with credits and programming. Any ideas ?:confused:

I remember reading that you can not run the antenna into the 6x8 multi-switch when using the AT9. To test this I would disconnect the cables coming from the dish and see if the OTA works again.

Your right - I called Directv and mentioned this, The CSR knew about it and wondered why the tech who installed it didn't ??? their sendind someone out next week to run a separate cable. - Thanks for your help - :hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.