AT9 - Slimline ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbos said:
raoul5788,
What is the physical footprint of the part being attached to the house or post ?
How much more space does it take up vs the 3 LNB mount ?
The current one I'm using is 6 3/4" x 4 3/4".
I need to know so I can see if I can mount the 5 LNB on my eves as well
I've used most of my space with the current mount.
If it's not any bigger, I could support my eve a bit solider, (just put aluminum up a year or so ago, I should have thought of that before hand)

Thanks for the info.
Jimbo

I'm using a pole mount, so I don't know exactly, but the AT9 base is larger than the P3, that much I do know.

raoul5788 said:
I'm using a pole mount, so I don't know exactly, but the AT9 base is larger than the P3, that much I do know.

Ok, Thanks Raoul5788,
When you get the AT-9 I presume it comes with a mount for a wall or eve, ect.
Does it also come with pole mount brackets ?

Can anyone that has one mounted on a post, snap a few pictures of the pole mount, i"d like to see what the pole mount looks like.

Thanks,
Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Ok, Thanks Raoul5788,
When you get the AT-9 I presume it comes with a mount for a wall or eve, ect.
Does it also come with pole mount brackets ?

Can anyone that has one mounted on a post, snap a few pictures of the pole mount, i"d like to see what the pole mount looks like.

Thanks,
Jimbo

Here you go! If you need one closer up let me know.

Attachments

• DishonPole.JPG
    DishonPole.JPG
    400.8 KB · Views: 208
The installer just got here. He told me the 5LNB couldn't be installed on my eave or my roof - he told me it could only be installed on a flat roof ? How many people flat roof's ? I then pointed to the pole I installed ( right next to my existing dish ) ( apparently he didn't notice the 15' Pole ) and he said he would have to check with his office to see if he can install it on the pole. It seems like he didn't want to do the install ? Good news - He's installing it now. Good thing I put the pole up !!! will post pics when he's finished -:cool:

Last edited:
johnml said:
The installer just got here. He told me the 5LNB couldn't be installed on my eave or my roof - he told me it could only be installed on a flat roof ? How many people flat roof's ? I then pointed to the pole I installed ( right next to my existing dish ) ( apparently he didn't notice the 15' Pole ) and he said he would have to check with his office to see if he can install it on the pole. It seems like he didn't want to do the install ? Good news - He's installing it now. Good thing I put the pole up !!! will post pics when he's finished -:cool:

Glad I don't have a flat roof, that would suck for draninage when it rains:D

The installer just left. I don't know if he should have used support arms with a pole mount, but he didn't. He also couldn't secure the dish tightly to the pole because he ran out of self tapping screws, so I had to tap it out and put a 1/4" bolt in. but its finished ! I find it hard to believe that the new dish can only be installed on flat roofs, I did see one installed on a fascia board ( with no support arms ) - That cant be good, especially down here in south Florida. Oh well -:eek:

Attachments

• satellite pole 001.jpg
    satellite pole 001.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 194
  • satellite pole 002.jpg
    satellite pole 002.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 162
vgsantiago said:
Glad I don't have a flat roof, that would suck for draninage when it rains:D
Not really,
I have what you would consider a flat roof, only on the add on area...
Even on flat roofs you have a down slope for rain and snow to run off, it would not be entirely flat, generally they are done with rubber roofs, they get glued down when applied.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
johnml,
Your set up is about what I will eventually have set up when I get time to do it and in a position where I need the AT-9.
As for the monopoles, I don't see any need for the poles and there really is no way to use them in this application.
Someone earlier mentioned that the pole mount was actually a better way to set it up, vs on the roof.

I would trust nuts and bolts more than self tapping screws, your better off the way you are now. except the installer should have done that for you.

As for fashia's, it all depends on how wide you fashia is and how much support is behind it.
I originally was going to try that, but I do not have enough room left because the AT-9 footprint appears to be a bit larger. I was going to make i solid block and mount it behind the fasia for dish support.

My 3 LNB is set up on the fashia right now and has been there all along doing fine, but I realize the AT-9 is heavier and larger so I will look into the pole mount.

What kind of mounts are suppliesd with tha AT-9 ? Do they give you a polemount set up ? You would not use the same set up as you would for the wall mount...

Jimbo

I had to get the pole. I had a hard time finding one long enough - finally found one at a sprinkler supply store. The installer told me they don't install the AT9 on fascia boards - but i have seen them around. My old 3LNB dish was installed on my fascia board ( with tapcon screws ) so i had to "beef" it up before last years hurricanes. The installer would have mounted it to the south side of my house on the concrete wall if not for my neighbors trees, probally better option than the pole mount. my Pole is 14' long set in 150lbs of concrete and attached to the fascia board with lag screws and bolts, It's extremely solid so i don't think it's going anywhere.:hatsoff:

johnml said:
The installer just left. I don't know if he should have used support arms with a pole mount, but he didn't. He also couldn't secure the dish tightly to the pole because he ran out of self tapping screws, so I had to tap it out and put a 1/4" bolt in. but its finished ! I find it hard to believe that the new dish can only be installed on flat roofs, I did see one installed on a fascia board ( with no support arms ) - That cant be good, especially down here in south Florida. Oh well -:eek:

Looks like an excellent install to me. I'm glad you found the pole, it's the best way to go, imnsho. ;)

Jimbos said:
What kind of mounts are suppliesd with tha AT-9 ? Do they give you a polemount set up ? You would not use the same set up as you would for the wall mount...Jimbo

Take a look at the below link. There is no difference in the mount for the pole. You just don't use the J-mount mast. The mast is the same size as the pole that would be needed. The dish sits on the pole the same way that it would sit on the J-mount.

Hope this answers your question.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AT59&xzoom=Large-2#xview

JAG72 said:
Take a look at the below link. There is no difference in the mount for the pole. You just don't use the J-mount mast. The mast is the same size as the pole that would be needed. The dish sits on the pole the same way that it would sit on the J-mount.

Hope this answers your question.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AT59&xzoom=Large-2#xview
I was refering to the und that would mount to the house or pole. I looked around the site and did not see any shots of the house side

Thanks anyways,
Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I was refering to the und that would mount to the house or pole. I looked around the site and did not see any shots of the house side

Thanks anyways,
Jimbo

The picture is what is used to mount to the pole and the j-mount. The j-mount is the same as the older dishes just with a larger diameter pole and mounting footprint.

Last edited:
JAG72 said:
The picture is what is used to mount to the pole and the j-mount. The j-mount is the same as the older dishes just with a larger diameter pole and mounting footprint.
Gottcha,

Thanks,
Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts