AT9 Trunkline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I'm probably going to set up a couple of MDUs with WB68s in a riser of telephone closets. Is there any high powered, wideband amplifier available that covers 400 Mz to 2,100 Mz? All I have found so far is a couple of Spaun, medium power, line-powered drop-in amps, which don't fit my needs very well.

I sent an e-mail to Sonora Design, but they haven't responded.

You would need 250 to 2150mhz range and there are lots of bullet amps that cover 40 to 2150mhz and pass tone. They overload easy so you would want them down the line a ways from the dish. Usually you tap the high power trunk lines and this poses a problem with powering the amps and forcing the lines from the AT9 to select the specific satellite and polarity with voltage and tone because the taps don’t pass power. You may have to go with separate power supplies and tone inserter upstream from the taps.
Bob

I need to furnish multiswitch input levels of about -30dBmV for this to work, It looks like I'll have to diplex out the 250 to 750Mz signals, amplify them with conventional terrestrial amplifiers, and them diplex them back in at each switch input, That means I will have eight trunklines. What a pain...

Update: August 30, 2006.

I can;t reply to the thread because it is too old! B ut here is what I have found:

Sonora TA25330D-T. Dual trunkline amp 250-2.150Mhz

Sloped gain 22-28dB

3dBm with 16 transponder load. Comes with 1 amp power supply.

It doesn't seem to pass or generate 22Mhz switching tone, so it might require a couple of inline 22Khz generators to call Sat B/C.. Spaun used to make them, but I haven't seen them listed recently.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)