AT9 versus Slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think they 'lease' the dishes. I think they will quote you a price, or get you in touch directly with the local installation company. The 1 or 2 year committments are receiver related as I read the agreement. They don't take dishes back when you terminate service. They usually want it left where it is - it has NO real value and it makes it easier to hook someone back up.

It is just something to be careful of. Is there anything that shows the 2 year commitment is only on leased equipment? They also did the 2 year thing when you could purchase your own equipment.

It is just something to be careful of. Is there anything that shows the 2 year commitment is only on leased equipment? They also did the 2 year thing when you could purchase your own equipment.
Im not going to risk it . I just bought a brand new one off ebay for $71 . I'll just install it myself. It says it comes with Directions ,so how much harder could it be?

I have AT9. Best signal strengths ever on 101, 110, and 119. I had a properly pointed Gain Master Channel Master before which is the largest 3 LNB. That was great but this AT9 is even better. And 99 and 103 are peaked out. I am very happy with this dish. If even fights off the worst rain and snow. Now if only it could plow my driveway in the winter. ;)

If even fights off the worst rain and snow.

That is the number one reason I am moving back to D*. There was only a few clouds in the sky today and I had a heck of a time with E*'s 129.

Yea I guess the 129 is like the worst Satellite in the sky. I read somewhere that its about to die. Is that true? anyone know? I'm in eastern Pa so I have to use the 61.5 No complaints on that Satellite.

Your lucky that you don't have to use 129. The WAF is one reason that I was not able to improve my 129 reception with a 2nd dish.

Im not going to risk it . I just bought a brand new one off ebay for $71 . I'll just install it myself. It says it comes with Directions ,so how much harder could it be?

These are a lot harder to self-install than the standard dishes. You have to be pretty precise...we tried to do it ourselves and then ended up calling Directv for the install, meaning I was stuck with another AT9 dish (since the dish was part of the install).

These are a lot harder to self-install than the standard dishes. You have to be pretty precise...we tried to do it ourselves and then ended up calling Directv for the install, meaning I was stuck with another AT9 dish (since the dish was part of the install).

Whats wrong with the AT-9 ?

Jimbo

Whats wrong with the AT-9 ?

Jimbo

It requires more precise tuning because you need to align it more exactly (than the standard dish) because of the other satelittes. You need to have a signal meter too.

Here's a thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/68444-how-difficult-at9-dish-point.html

If you've got a meter and/or another person helping you -- and are used to doing these installations -- you'll probably be fine. We just found the instructions complicated and the tuning and such a lot harder to do as opposed to the regular Directv dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts