AT9 Weird Stuff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Volrog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I upgraded to an AT9 dish this week. Already had the H-20.
I need some help on this one. The 101 works fine all day until 7:00 PM Central time, then the signal strength drops to zero. All the rest of the sats. come in and I can watch the HD stuff off of 119. Around 10 AM, 101 comes back on and the cycle starts all over again at 7 PM. Somebody have an answer. The tech that came back out didn't.

Do you have a multiswitch? It could be a very short center conductor on an improperly done F connector from the LNB to a multiswitch for one of the 101 polarities. The RG6 center conductor can contract in cold weather or on (very) cold evenings and since the center conductor is the center pin of the F connector, it can loose contact if made too short to start with. Otherwise I would suspect the main 99/101/103 LNB on the AT9.
Bob

Bob, Thanks

Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I do have a multiswitch, they swapped it out today to no avail. I'll have the tech check your other suggestions out on Monday. The fact that is goes out around 7 PM every night has me stumped.
Roger

Directvfreak

It happens on both my receivers, the only change was the 5 lnb dish install.
Thanks

Volrog,how are things going with your system?Are you getting the Nashville HD locals now?

I had same problems see post http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63341 had a tech come out today....I do not have a multi switch and he said could not anything wrong???? everything look good with the AT-9 and all setting were rechecked to no advil??so if you did find out anything let me know the tech thought it might be interferance with the 99?? sounds crazy to me....

Steve615 / Mike_Augie

Steve,
I am getting the Nashville locals with a strong 97-100 on 99 TP3. The tech came out and replaced the entire AT9 dish and all lnb's. What are your readings?
Mike,
I'd stay on D* and have them replace the entire AT9 setup, dish, lnb's, and connectors. Once they did this for me yesterday, all my signal loss problems went away.
Volrog

Sounds like a bad batch of LNBs out in the field maybe? Did you get to keep the old LNBs? Maybe get the make, model S/N info off them.

Charper1

I did not get to keep the bad lnb's, the techs took them back to the shop I presume to look at them closer. I did not get to take a close look at the bad stuff, but it was a Cal______ something. It had the coax connectors, not the plug in jumpers. It had a more rounded appearance.
Volrog

Volrog said:
I did not get to keep the bad lnb's, the techs took them back to the shop I presume to look at them closer. I did not get to take a close look at the bad stuff, but it was a Cal______ something. It had the coax connectors, not the plug in jumpers. It had a more rounded appearance.
Volrog

Cal Amp?

Charper1

It may have been the Cal Amp dish. It was worthless from 7 PM to 10 AM.
The new one has worked perfectly.

Charper1

The dish in a WNC, the lnb's have model #'s of FW2 and FW9.
I'll recheck tomorrow, it was dark and I was up on the ladder with a flashlight in one hand. I did accomplish goal #1, didn't get hurt.
Volrog

not sure what mine is to late to look tonight, but will check and post tom. thanks for all the info if it is a bad at-9 i might wait until the new at-9 comes out and get it.....and I got all new lnb and cables when i got the at-9 and had switched from the standard dish 3 lnb

Hey Mike

I too got new lnb's, cables, and connectors when I upgraded from the 3 LNB dish to the AT9. It was definately a bad dish, lnb issue. I'd have them swap it out and get me a new AT9, your troubles will be over.

Surprise visit from D* tech

I had an unexpected visit from the Bruister & Associates tech that originally installed our equipment last month.He said that he had just finished up his last job for the day and while he was in my area,he thought that he would drop by for a few minutes and see how things were going with the equipment.He checked the signals on the 99 (Network 11) bird and said that looked a little low to him,so he went up and adjusted the dish for us.We are now picking up 4 TPs,we were getting signals from 2 TPs previously.The signal strengths are as follows....TP3:97 TP5:73 TP7:88 TP13:71...That sure made my day for him to stop by to see how things were going,he didn't have to do that,but,I'm sure glad that he did. :)

charper1 said:
WOW! What a great installer! Most people would be out of sight, out of mind!
I agree charper.That was definitely a complete and unexpected surprise.I even tipped him a little cash for adjusting the dish and told him to enjoy a good lunch or dinner on me today. :D He said he figured that he would go ahead and adjust the dish to eliminate a possible service call in the future.It seems like this guy is looking out for people that he does work for.I asked him if he does this with other customers and he said that he does,when time allows him to. :up :)

steve615 said:
I agree charper.That was definitely a complete and unexpected surprise.I even tipped him a little cash for adjusting the dish and told him to enjoy a good lunch or dinner on me today. :D He said he figured that he would go ahead and adjust the dish to eliminate a possible service call in the future.It seems like this guy is looking out for people that he does work for.I asked him if he does this with other customers and he said that he does,when time allows him to. :up :)

not to knock him, but hes also is covering his and his companies ass by preventing a service call.which costs the company/installer money in chargebacks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)