Atlanta HD locals problem after "moving"

Edgar_in_Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
I live near Indianapolis, but "moved" my service address to Atlanta for HD locals. When I moved, Atlanta locals were CONUS on 129, but sense then they have added the HD locals on a spotbeam on 61.5 which I cannot get. So now when I try to tune to the HD locals, I sometimes get an error message saying:

"Sorry for the interruption.
There is no need to call us, we are aware this channel is unavailable and are working to get it back."

It seems that my 622 sometimes gets the locals from 129, but other times tries for 61.5.

I have one dish hitting 110, 119, and 129, and another hitting 61.5 for the Brazilian channels for my wife.

My question is, if I aim the 61.5 dish at 118 (which also has the Brazilian channels), will that solve my problem with Atlanta locals? And will I lose any of my HD channels? I currently subscribe to the HD-only package w/locals and Globo TV (Brazil).

I've tried to figure this out myself by looking at the channel chart, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks a lot!

Edgar

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 175
You are out of the spotbeam for Atlanta and cannot receive those locals any longer.

Find another city that has HD locals in conus and move again.

I have "moved" to Atlanta. I am NOT pointed at 61.5 and have no problem getting the channels. I believe they are still Conus. Where did you read that they were only spotbeamed?

Yes, you can solve the problem by moving the 61.5 dish to anything else. I had the same problem when the 61.5 spot was added to the 129 conus. I believe the default is to look at 61.5 if you have one pointed there. Remove 61.5 and you'll get a fine signal from 129 for the Atlanta HD locals.

I live in Indianapolis too and have Atlanta locals. Theyre conus on 129 and I have no problem getting them. Get rid of 61.5 and youll be good to go

I wish it was that easy, but I need 61.5 for the Brazilian channels for my wife. I tried pointing the 61.5 dish at 118.7, since that also has the Brazilian channels, but I was not able to get it. After further research, I think that I may not be able to get 118.7 with my Dish 500. I think I would need a 500+ or 1000+ dish.

Once it gets into changing dishes, I'm in a little over my head, so I think I'll just "move" again. Only problem is, it looks like all the other CONUS cities in the Eastern time zone will give me the same problem since they also have 61.5 spotbeams. I'll probably end up going with Kansas City, but then my guide will be off 1 hour. :(

I wish it was that easy, but I need 61.5 for the Brazilian channels for my wife. I tried pointing the 61.5 dish at 118.7, since that also has the Brazilian channels, but I was not able to get it. After further research, I think that I may not be able to get 118.7 with my Dish 500. I think I would need a 500+ or 1000+ dish.

Once it gets into changing dishes, I'm in a little over my head, so I think I'll just "move" again. Only problem is, it looks like all the other CONUS cities in the Eastern time zone will give me the same problem since they also have 61.5 spotbeams. I'll probably end up going with Kansas City, but then my guide will be off 1 hour. :(

You need a '+' dish (either 500 or 1000) to get 118 as it's lnb is encased along with 119.

Yep same thing happened to me with the Birmingham, AL locals. The receiver kept trying to get them from 61.5 instead of the 119 spotbeam. I finally bit the bullet and moved to Jackson, MS, no FoxHD though and their CBS-HD channel is so red and the colors are too hot. Have to adjust the TV every time I watch something on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)