Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last week they moved the LA locals from a conus beam to a spot beam, tonight Dish Network will do the same again, this time for Atlanta.

The move is expected after 1am Mountain Time.

This DOES NOT effect the Atlanta Distants being offered by All American Direct (NPS) if you have distants through them, they will stay where they are.

Last week they moved the LA locals from a conus beam to a spot beam, tonight Dish Network will do the same again, this time for Atlanta.

The move is expected after 1am Mountain Time.

This DOES NOT effect the Atlanta Distants being offered by All American Direct (NPS) if you have distants through them, they will stay where they are.

Scott,
Does it make sense to have both the spot and Conus carrying the same stuff??
Do you need Spot if you have Conus?

Barnie,
They can't use the ones that NPS is using. So they are moving the former distants to spot to clear up some conus space.

Looks pretty good :)

Attachments

• echo10contourcloseup.gif
    echo10contourcloseup.gif
    29 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
I called NPS up and they said that maybe I can get Atlanta or San Francisco stations if I live in a area where I cannot pickup anything............
So will these Stations stay on Conus???And if I give them my Aunt Tillys Addresss will I still be able to pick them up un Nyc???thanks JT

All Locals should be offered by NPS.

That way all markets would be on Conus. More stations for us to watch. I wonder in the future if this will actually happen.

That way all markets would be on Conus. More stations for us to watch. I wonder in the future if this will actually happen.
Well, possibly. I expect the number of local markets to diminish by attrition and consolidation in the future, as a result of future deregulation of the broadcast industry, and changes in the network affiliation structure. It may cause a decline in the number of stations, but it could lead to an increase in superstations.

Well, possibly. I expect the number of local markets to diminish by attrition and consolidation in the future, as a result of future deregulation of the broadcast industry, and changes in the network affiliation structure.
What would give you that expectation?
Everything I read gives me the impression that there will be more regulation in the future of every industry.
2006 should be the "bottom" for regulation.
But I am no expert on these things...

What would give you that expectation?
Everything I read gives me the impression that there will be more regulation in the future of every industry.
2006 should be the "bottom" for regulation.
But I am no expert on these things...

I agree. Local broadcasters are investing zillions of dollars in this new digital technology and they EXPECT the politicians to protect their kingdoms (DMA's)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)