ATT and IPHONE hate current users

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
I will eat crow now it seems I was wrong on ATT pricing and now it seems fair.

If you extend your current contract for two years from the date of purchase than the price is

16GB $399.00
32GB $499.00

With no contract extension

16 GB $599
32 GB $699

Last edited:

It is from the Apple store site. You can find the pricing in the disclaimer on the bottom of the page.

Here is the URL

iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

Here is the disclaimer

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). Visit Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular for eligibility information."

Expensive phones. They can't afford to just give them away. Maybe by the time we fulfill our contracts, there will be a new offer.

Here is what I was offered...

I keep getting and error when I try ordering it telling me to try again later.

$299.00* — 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
$399.00* — 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
$499.00* — 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Here is what I was offered...

I keep getting and error when I try ordering it telling me to try again later.

$299.00* — 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
$399.00* — 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
$499.00* — 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Scott everyone is getting this error as ATT has not updated their offer yet. You should be
able to buy the new IPHONE on line later on this evening per ATT tweet with the new pricing I quoted. IF you cant wait you can go to your local ATT store to pre-purchase the
new IPHONE.

I have to wonder if this upgrade pricing is only for people that are still in their 2 year commitment.

What I find odd is I'm eligible to upgrade my phone on August 8th, 2009, which is a year and a week since I signed up with AT&T, but my wife who is on my familytalk plan can't until April 2010. I'm on a FAN account.

If you now own a current IPHONE 3G and wish to update to a 3G S with a new two year contract, this is your pricing:

16 GB $599.00
32 GB $699.00

Is it time to drop ATT and go with sprint and the Palm Pre???:rant:

The Palm Pre is $550 without an upgrade. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples (no pun intended).

The upgrade pricing for the iPhone is much lower than what you stated.

Other companies charge big bucks for their smart phones if you still under contract or want to buy one without a contract. I don't see what ATT and Apple are doing that is any different from any other providers with brand new smart phones.

And has Scott posted, the half over contract prices aren't as high as what was in the OP.

Here's the image that confirms what Scott sees.

161205-att.jpg

And of course out of contract pricing with a new 2 yr contract is $200 less for each of those 3 levels ($99 8 GB 3G/$199 16 GB 3Gs/$299 32 GB 3GS). Since I'm out of contract I will be getting a black 32GB iPhone 3GS and ditching my moto Q9h.

Tom, I can't believe that they will do that

If you now own a current IPHONE 3G and wish to update to a 3G S with a new two year contract, this is your pricing:

16 GB $599.00
32 GB $699.00

Is it time to drop ATT and go with sprint and the Palm Pre???:rant:

They allowed original IPHONE users to upgrade to the 3G, and I suspect they will do the same for this

Other companies charge big bucks for their smart phones if you still under contract or want to buy one without a contract. I don't see what ATT and Apple are doing that is any different from any other providers with brand new smart phones.

And has Scott posted, the half over contract prices aren't as high as what was in the OP.

Other carriers do not require you to sign a new two year contract, plus full price for the phone. With other carriers you can get a new phone while in contract as long a you are willing to pay full price; your contract does not get extended.

With ATT you pay the full price for the IPHONE plus get your contract extended as you will have to sign a new two year contract.

If ATT goes with the prices Scott has posted then no problem.

I wonder what the street price of a used 3G (or original) iPhone will be in another month?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)