ATT/D Flags

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
There were a couple of workers in our yard today. They planted about 20 ATT/D red flags along our property line, and painted orange lines between the flags. Anyone know what that means?

When they come in to fix waterlines etc etc..utilities mark out ehere their wires are so they don't get cut

In my area they just replaced all the individual gas service lines to a miles worth of houses. Had Att all marked out. Good luck, maybe you will get fiber.

Yeah, the markings are way off. Have been everywhere I’ve lived. But call anyway to CYA.

I thought ATT had stopped all laying of fiber.

Yeah, the markings are way off. Have been everywhere I’ve lived. But call anyway to CYA.

I thought ATT had stopped all laying of fiber.
Neighbors have told me that our overhead utility lines are going underground. Maybe at&t was marking their own buried cables before the electric lines move.

Reactions: navychop
The massive October ice storm here caused power outages across the state from broken tree branches falling on power lines. We were on a generator for 3 days, but others for almost two weeks. The power company here must have decided that going underground is the best way to avoid that in the future.

When we had a tree taken down a couple of months ago, the AT&T flags were orange. The electrical utility flags were red.
1605585408112.png

In NC gas is yellow, water is blue and sewer is green.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hmmmm ....
You gotta believe they are universal across the country.

I forgot about yellow ...
I was never sure about Blue, but knew enough not to dig around it ...
I didn't know Sewer had it's own color.

Hmmmm ....
You gotta believe they are universal across the country.

I forgot about yellow ...
I was never sure about Blue, but knew enough not to dig around it ...
I didn't know Sewer had it's own color.
  • Blue: Potable, or drinkable, water
  • Green: Sewers and drain lines
  • Orange: Communication, alarm or signal lines, and cables or conduit
  • Pink: Temporary survey markings
  • Purple: Reclaimed water, irrigation, and slurry lines
  • Red: Electric power lines, cables, conduit, and lightning cables
  • White: Proposed excavation
  • Yellow: Gas, oil, steam, and petroleum and gaseous materials

In my daily job dealing with these, I have never seen Purple ... the rest, I have.

My main concern was RED - Power and Orange - Communication
All others, I knew meant other things that were being marked as some kind of underground construction was about to happen ...

Use to love it when the kids or even adults would move or Remove them.

Remember, the flags are not only in the yard that the sub is having work done in.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)