ATT/Dish Network - Naked DSL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd love to cancel my home phone, but can't quite convince the spouse we don't need it any more...

tonare1... do you have any links to verizons naked dsl? I can't find it anywhere to see if it's even available here in Texas.

Just an update.

As I posted earlier, the activation process was relatively painless (for AT&T at least). Passed along the obligatory details (billing...address...etc). I got the modem 2 days later (April 25th). Which was fast for me...I would've expected a week or so. And the following Monday, the 28th, the tech called me up during work and advised me that everything was good to go.

Speed wise, it is just a bit slower than what my Road Runner gave me. Speedtest's website shows me having speeds of about 5.1 - 5.6, versus the 6.8 that I averaged with Time Warner. So be it.

I've been a naked DSL customer for about a year, and was a Bellsouth DSL customer for many prior. I believe Georgia was one of the first places to offer this service.

No issues converting from landline DSL to naked DSL. Aside from the lower bill, and the lack of telemarketers ringing my otherwise unused landline, I can't say I've noticed a difference.

This is great news, I have been looking for something like this. I hated paying the phone bill and the only other internet option was charter cable. This is a good deal.

I am planning on converting to "Dry Loop DSL" with Embarq very soon - not sure what the price is yet. I pay $30/month with Static IP currently bundled with Phone service (another $32/month) for 3Meg/640K. I plan to Port my phone number to a VoIP provider with PAYGO for $4.50/month(DID Number + E911 Fee) + 2c per min. We don't use our home number more than maybe 200 min/month so this will save like $30 over Embarq and that's not including Long Distance which would be another $15/month on Embarq but included in the 2c/min. I'll just make sure I issue the Number Port request with the new provider before requesting the DSL change with Embarq.

I hope the "Naked DSL" is no more than $40/month.

The VoIP provider offers much more in services too like Blacklisting numbers (those pesky telemarketers), Vmails to Email, etc.

I now have ATT local phone and DSL. I was thinking about going "naked" and getting Vonage low end package for phone service. However, It looks like Vonage is on shaky financial ground.

Any thoughts??

The Dry DSL department has a different phone number, and I can say it's worth the $4 a month extra - the service is much, much better as someone actually answers the phone when you call them :)

Dunno for you, but for me the CSR # is 1-858-522-8838

I have now had my "Dry Loop DSL" now for about 2-3 weeks. I really like it. Speed is pretty similar to cable AND I have access to ESPN360.com now. I would definitely encourage everyone to get in on this because its definitely cheaper than the cable companies internet

for once, AT&T did something right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)