Att possibly rebranding Direct tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
I read that Att might get rid of the Direc tv name and use Att?

How foolish would that be since Direct tv has such a strong foothold in the market?

I hope that the direct product does not go down the tube. My take is they should leave well enough alone!
Why take something that is working and tamper with it?

Surely they will keep DirecTV in there someway, the goodwill value of that name alone is worth millions of dollars.

Reactions: lern4483
As a guy who does brand marketing for a living, I could actually see AT&T dropping the U-Verse name for their TV product and replacing it with the DIRECTV name. Then you simply have two ways to get "DIRECTV". Via Satellite or underground. I would almost bet on merging the U-Verse TV product with the DIRECTV product and keeping the best of both. Programming, Equipment, etc.

Then you simply have new product names under the AT&T banner.
Phone & Internet: AT&T U-Verse (U-Verse phone & U-Verse internet)
Television: AT&T DirecTV. (Notice the capitalization has changed)

So if you bundle all three service you would simply have U-Verse with DirecTV from AT&T. It all sounds confusing, because right now when you hear these names you associate them as they currently stand. As independent brands. Once AT&T starts the rebranding campaign, the meaning of those words will change. It's just a matter of teaching the public the new brands and meanings, and reinforcing them with repeated usage.

When they were selling dish years ago, I think they called it "AT&T Advanced TV"

As a guy who does brand marketing for a living, I could actually see AT&T dropping the U-Verse name for their TV product and replacing it with the DIRECTV name. Then you simply have two ways to get "DIRECTV". Via Satellite or underground. I would almost bet on merging the U-Verse TV product with the DIRECTV product and keeping the best of both. Programming, Equipment, etc.

Then you simply have new product names under the AT&T banner.
Phone & Internet: AT&T U-Verse (U-Verse phone & U-Verse internet)
Television: AT&T DirecTV. (Notice the capitalization has changed)

So if you bundle all three service you would simply have U-Verse with DirecTV from AT&T. It all sounds confusing, because right now when you hear these names you associate them as they currently stand. As independent brands. Once AT&T starts the rebranding campaign, the meaning of those words will change. It's just a matter of teaching the public the new brands and meanings, and reinforcing them with repeated usage.
They are already using the ATT Directv when you call into D* if your in an ATT area.

As for the Capitol and small text, when at&t was brought back from SBC it was brought back as at&t to distinguish from the old AT&T.

They could choose to keep Directv name and also sell an AT&T version of it slapping that name on the dish like DishNet does slapping the name on the dish but using a different provider. They can offer the triple play on one bill which would probably net them a nice new addition of customers. They will get to advertise to all their AT&T wireless customers.

My only concern is Att will somehow ruin a great product in Direc tv. Changing the name is a step towards that.
Possibly tampering with Direc equipment and converting to Uverse Dvrs (I have both-direc much better)
This last part is strictly speculation on my part.

Reactions: bobvick
My only concern is Att will somehow ruin a great product in Direc tv. Changing the name is a step towards that.
Possibly tampering with Direc equipment and converting to Uverse Dvrs (I have both-direc much better)
This last part is strictly speculation on my part.
No need to get worried .... let things play out before everyone starts with more Gloom and Doom from att , theres plenty of that in the other att/D* thread.

I can see at&t adding to the D* name, I don't see them doing away with it.
Expanding on a few things others have mentioned.
I think it will be YEARS before the two companies merge channel lists.
Also years before it becomes 1 platform for Recvrs as well. (If ever)

AT&T may not even have D* long enough to do that, ya just never know.

AT&T may IMPROVE D* and shake up ALL the naysayers. :D

Also, for years now people have posted about how terrible D*'s service (from time to time) has been and how bad the custom,er service has been, now SUDDENLY, they are very good and ATT will destroy all that .....:confused:

Again, lern, this wasn't directed at you.

I read that Att might get rid of the Direc tv name and use Att?

How foolish would that be since Direct tv has such a strong foothold in the market?

I hope that the direct product does not go down the tube. My take is they should leave well enough alone!
Why take something that is working and tamper with it?
If AT&T buys Directv, be afraid....Be very afraid...AT&T's customer service is non existent.
Customers cannot get someone to answer the phone( most times) and if they do, it's "pick up a weapon soldier, you're going into battle"...
Especially if satellite customers are treated like phone or Uverse customers "yes, we have your service outage appointment set...Three weeks from today. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"
I wonder if the service techs will be unionized ( no sorry I cannot do that. I have to get a supervisor to look at this")

If AT&T buys Directv, be afraid....Be very afraid...AT&T's customer service is non existent.
Customers cannot get someone to answer the phone( most times) and if they do, it's "pick up a weapon soldier, you're going into battle"...
Especially if satellite customers are treated like phone or Uverse customers "yes, we have your service outage appointment set...Three weeks from today. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"
I wonder if the service techs will be unionized ( no sorry I cannot do that. I have to get a supervisor to look at this")
Have you ever looked at companies other than ATT, MOST do the same.
IF your not a LOCALLY owned company, most aern't, you don't necessarily have the ability to be at a customers home 5 minutes after that call.

Try calling any MAJOR company and see how long it take to get a rep to talk to ...
How long was the wait to talk to a Live person last time you called D* or DISH ... how many stupid promts did you have to go thru to to get to someone.

That doesn't make it right, but it happens at most major companies.

Have you ever looked at companies other than ATT, MOST do the same.
IF your not a LOCALLY owned company, most aern't, you don't necessarily have the ability to be at a customers home 5 minutes after that call.

Try calling any MAJOR company and see how long it take to get a rep to talk to ...
How long was the wait to talk to a Live person last time you called D* or DISH ... how many stupid promts did you have to go thru to to get to someone.

That doesn't make it right, but it happens at most major companies.
AT&T is worse than root canal..Put it that way.
When their call center was in Murray Hill, NJ I swore there were 10,000 phones in that building and no people to answer them.

AT&T is worse than root canal..Put it that way.
When their call center was in Murray Hill, NJ I swore there were 10,000 phones in that building and no people to answer them.
Sadly you have no idea how the phone banks work ...
Murray Hill, NJ may have been local to you but the call you made was more than likely Not going there.
When you call that 800 number it could go to many different locations to be answered.

And No they are not any worse than any other ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts