ATT TV live in 10 cities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hence fixed 5g

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

LOL! Fixed 5g, you mean the tech without a finalized spec that’s deployed almost nowhere? That fixed 5g?

I’d bet a dollar that at the end of next year fixed 5g will be deployed in a few more cities at best, and no rural coverage at all for at least 3-4 more years if ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I heard about AT&T's (Direct) new streaming service to try and get subs to move from satellite to streaming. Well, first of all, they have fees, charges, you have to buy their box. It is not anything I would be interested in. If they are trying to attract the cord-cutting group, why not just have an app for Roku or Fire TV without contracts, fees and the like? They may attract more people. Sounds like streaming cable/satellite to me.

That’s exactly what it is without the benefits of cable/sat but at nearly the same price. All offered with no new customer deals at all but has a 2-year commitment for no good reason.

Its in the cities and populated areas...they need an outside antenna...dont hold your breath for rural areas until 3g frequencies available for reuse...it wont be called 5g...fer sure
LOL! Fixed 5g, you mean the tech without a finalized spec that’s deployed almost nowhere? That fixed 5g?

I’d bet a dollar that at the end of next year fixed 5g will be deployed in a few more cities at best, and no rural coverage at all for at least 3-4 more years if ever.

That is correct. Existing customer promotions (retention offers) are gone.
I was talking to a friend of mine that works for Mediacom and he said that the only retention deal they are using now is a free year of their overpriced phone service. Of course that comes with a cost of using their cable modem and having an actual phone to use. Since that phone service has no value to me at all I figure I’ll be doing the ‘streaming dance’ in about a year!! :(

Its in the cities and populated areas...they need an outside antenna...dont hold your breath for rural areas until 3g frequencies available for reuse...it wont be called 5g...fer sure

It is in a very, very few cities now and not even covering all of those cities. Call it a snail’s pace rollout if it makes you feel better. I stand by my predictions.

Yep. Been a customer since '97. Been fiddling with exit options the last few years including Shield, FTV, Roku, Hulu, DTV Now, WinTV, Tablo, etc. Have attic antennas that get all my locals and 1gb ATT fiber.

Think I finally found the winner in YoutubeTV. All my locals, fast, integrated guide, intuitive, 9-month DVR storage, and 50 bucks a month. Works on my LG OLED but not my FTV bricks and sticks so I need a few Roku's. Have three Roku boxes in parts bin so I'll fire them up for now as I only have one UHD TV. I can also cast it from and view it on all my other devices.

On three week free trial and think then it will be bye bye DTV. Had hoped for their upcoming Internet solution but it appears to be DOA. Oh well, it was a good run. A tech leader has become a has been. Can't say I didn't expect that when bought by Ma Bell II.

Yep. Been a customer since '97. Been fiddling with exit options the last few years including Shield, FTV, Roku, Hulu, DTV Now, WinTV, Tablo, etc. Have attic antennas that get all my locals and 1gb ATT fiber.

Think I finally found the winner in YoutubeTV. All my locals, fast, integrated guide, intuitive, 9-month DVR storage, and 50 bucks a month. Works on my LG OLED but not my FTV bricks and sticks so I need a few Roku's. Have three Roku boxes in parts bin so I'll fire them up for now as I only have one UHD TV. I can also cast it from and view it on all my other devices.

A YTTV app for Fire TV devices will supposedly be released sometime this fall.

Darn my timings good. No problem as I haven't used DTV in days. Already have one foot out the door using YouTubeTV. It does everything DTV did except better. Only AT&T could be crummy enough to lose a 22-year customer. I was cheap too. Multiple moves with only two "professional" installs. Had to have then out to convert me to HD and then to set up WholeHome. Had to show the installer how to do that. I did eight myself by plus many, many, RV setups.

Kind of sad companies don't value customer loyalty anymore. Bye, bye.

I guess that I got lucky, I got on the ground floor on Directv Now when it was 100 channels for $38 a month with tax and fees and they gave me an Apple TV box for free for joining, now its (ATT Now) and and while the price has gone up to about $46 a month I still get 100 channels and i've been very happy. The only thing I dislike is that ATT has a Cap on their internet.

I guess that I got lucky, I got on the ground floor on Directv Now when it was 100 channels for $38 a month with tax and fees and they gave me an Apple TV box for free for joining, now its (ATT Now) and and while the price has gone up to about $46 a month I still get 100 channels and i've been very happy. The only thing I dislike is that ATT has a Cap on their internet.

AT&T Internet/Fiber has been waiving their data cap for customers that also have DirecTV Now/AT&T TV Now. If you have both services, they have already waived your cap. If not, you should contact their customer service and ask to have it waived. (That said, once AT&T TV becomes available where you live, that's going to be the service they want to bundle with your AT&T Internet/Fiber service, not AT&T TV Now.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)