Attempting to sign up for Directv and tech question and observation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Is there a way during setup that prevents a HDSTB from accessing the content on the HR34/24 MRV setup?

The CSR was angry with me because she couldn't run my credit due to my security lock and began accusing me of hiding something. Then went into how I SHOULD have to pay all the fee's for having bad credit.

The whole experience has left a VERY bad taste in my mouth about D* and now I am second guessing the who move...
IS THIS NORMAL?

I'm not sure of what your question is. Is a security lock related to Lifelock or some such company? Does it normally keep your credit information from being accessed?

Call back ...
They DO need to do a Credit Check, or you will more than likely pay full price.
They want to know if your a person with a good bill paying history before handing out the great deals.

Remember, you'll be in a 24 month commitment, so as others will also tell you, get ALL the recvrs you may THINK you need at installation as NOW will be your best time , pricing wise.

As far as blocking the whole home service goes, you could put a bandstop filter on the one you dont want to be able to share.. that would block whole home and internet on just that receiver.

Paradox-SJ said:
Is there a way during setup that prevents a HDSTB from accessing the content on the HR34/24 MRV setup?

The CSR was angry with me because she couldn't run my credit due to my security lock and began accusing me of hiding something. Then went into how I SHOULD have to pay all the fee's for having bad credit.

The whole experience has left a VERY bad taste in my mouth about D* and now I am second guessing the who move...
IS THIS NORMAL?

I agree that what you posted here is not an amazing start and not a way to treat a new customer. Unfortunately, there are CSRs who act like this, but that does not mean the company or services from the company are the same way as a whole. Some CSRs want to hurry up and sign you up or want to move fast to be done with the customer sadly. However, there are some great CSRs out there. I would try again to get a better, more professional CSR.

I agree that what you posted here is not an amazing start and not a way to treat a new customer. Unfortunately, there are CSRs who act like this, but that does not mean the company or services from the company are the same way as a whole. Some CSRs want to hurry up and sign you up or want to move fast to be done with the customer sadly. However, there are some great CSRs out there. I would try again to get a better, more professional CSR.
I went through this several weeks ago, you can entertain yourself by reading about it here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/279544-deposit-required-based-credit-check.html The CSRs apparently are not educated in dealing with a credit freeze. You will need to thaw your credit with the appropriate agency (at that time it was Equifax) before starting service. The confusion I experienced at signup, coupled with the contractor's refusal to mount my dish on a metal deck roof, led me to the other guys and a higher monthly bill, but I have no regrets. The hopper/joey setup works for my situation despite some of the crying on this board about it. I still have the pole mount that the Directv contractor left, so now I have two years to look for that 2" OD pipe to get their dish above my head if I decide to go with them.

Any good fencing supply store or fencing contractor (not home depot or Lowes) will have all different lengths of 2" OD posts for chain link fencing. I just put up 300ft of 6ft tall chain link around my yard to contain 3 English Mastiffs lol. Posts were all 9ft long total (3ft in the ground) and 2" OD. Cost about $12 per post. Im sure a quick look at yellowpages.com will give you half a dozen numbers to call local to you that should have all sorts of different size chain link posts. And don't use conduit... that is just asking for disaster.

Amazing that that installer would not install the dish on the roof... oh well their loss.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Be aware that 2" fence post is just under 2" and will need some flashing to get a good fit with the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)