Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Do you have a Dish 625 recevier? If so I have some possible good news for you. I am hearing a strong rumor that starting around October 17th Dish Network will begin rolling out a software update that will INCREASE recording space from 100 hours of record time to up to 150 hours of recording time.

I find this news interesting that Dish is giving back some of the space they had reserved for Dish On Demand. I am wondering if we are starting to see the beginning of the phase out of the Dish On Demand satellite delivered to your hard drive service.

I have never prsonally ordered any of the movies from this service, becuse the movies were old, and the movies that I did want to see were OVERPRICED. None of the non new release movies should have ever been priced above $1.99.

625 owner here (well I guess that would be rentee) so

......... Woohoo! If that's true. :)

Thanks for the news, Scott.

Do you have a Dish 625 recevier? If so I have some possible good news for you. I am hearing a strong rumor that starting around October 17th Dish Network will begin rolling out a software update that will INCREASE recording space from 100 hours of record time to up to 150 hours of recording time.

I find this news interesting that Dish is giving back some of the space they had reserved for Dish On Demand. I am wondering if we are starting to see the beginning of the phase out of the Dish On Demand satellite delivered to your hard drive service.

I have never prsonally ordered any of the movies from this service, becuse the movies were old, and the movies that I did want to see were OVERPRICED. None of the non new release movies should have ever been priced above $1.99.
any chance this will apply to 522 also, mine says it has 15 vod events taken up space.

How much is this one going to cost us? I remember us talking about this in the past that we should get that reserved space to use as our own. I could really use that extra 50 hours. 100 hours just dont seem to quite cut it.

Now I don't have to delete season 2 of bones, fingers crossed.

I hope you have protected them or they may get wiped out.

I had finales from a couple shows in May that I was going to watch before their premieres this week and when I went to watch them the other day, they were gone. I didn't protect them, so I don't know if that would have made a difference in keeping them or not. Since i've never gotten to less than 5 hours of recording time available, I don't know if those shows were wiped out to make room on my hard drive to download some more DISH demand features that I don't watch or buy.

I didn't protect them, so I don't know if that would have made a difference in keeping them or not.

Yes it would have made a difference. They wouldn't have been deleted.

A few weekends ago when we had the free Starz preview weekend, I recorded 19 movies and protected all my recordings and what happened is when it got to the end of DVR, it just stopped recording, but it saved even my oldest recordings.

What is 625? I have 622 and know about 722, but never heard of 625 until I read this.

It's for us saps who only have an SD TV. ;)

or one HD and three sd's

Actually outside of TV1 RF output being non stereo (but oddly enough TV2's RF is) its been a solid receiver...

What dish should do... IMO at least... rename SOON to ECS (Extra(or extended) Content Services)... Stack it in the guide... and allow us to pick what shows we would like to recored... this would stack up better against cable VOD and give us end consumers a choice while allowing E* to provide extra (extended) content to all...

With the 622's allowing add on Hard drives...hard to really say you will need that anyways. Figure one hour takes roughly 1 gig. You buy a 500 gig hard driver pay the $40 and you can have 700 hours of recording (not all at once since you will have to archive, but 700 hours none the less. Go up to a 750 gb hard drive add another 250 hours to that total, anyone keeping close to 1000 hours of recording time to me sounds like someone in need of a dvd burner...:D

Bill

Gee, they might take part of the VOD portion of the HDD to make it generally available. Sounds like repartitioning. There are products that do this just fine, no lost data. Of course, the easiest way to do it is to reformat the HDD and that means ......... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)