Attention Irwin Allen fans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I discovered last night that American Life TV Network on X4-603 is beginning to air the 1960s Irwin Allen series on Thursday evenings. Such as Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Time Tunnel and Lost In Space.

I have been waiting for these to air again. It's been years since Sci-Fi ran them.

All 3 are great shows. I have the DVD collection of Lost In Space. Since it's Thursday, I need to remember to check it out. But, there may be a Football game to pre-empt it. But, then ALTV usually airs the shows twice, earlier and later, so maybe I can catch the later shows. Thanks for the tip Corrado!

Al

ALTV is great :) It was the first thing I saw when I put up my 90cm Primestar just about a year ago. The new Monday night lineup is great with Newhart and WKRP.

I missed Time Tunnel (due to College Football), but i got to see Lost in Space and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, and was pleasantly surprized to see "Land of the Giants". Another great show, thanks American Life TV.

Al

Last night was pilot episode night. I didn't realize that The Land Of the Giants was on when I wrote about this. I wish it wasn't on so late. I wasn't aware until the Sci-Fi channel aired Time Tunnel and Land Of the Giants 10 years ago that those shows even existed. I grew up with Lost In Space and Voyage.

They all seem to share the props and monsters but I still love them. I think the B&W episodes of Lost in Space are the best. The Voyage episodes have strong cold war story lines, and that show just looks better in color.

I look forward to Thursday nights now on American Life TV.

I had not seen that Pilot episode of Lost In Space since I was a kid. I don't care for the show but enjoyed seeing that episode again. I really liked Time Tunnel and Voyage. Great seeing those shows again.

The Lost in Space episode last night was the original first show of Lost in Space, but the Pilot was never shown to the public. It is included in the Lost in Space DVD collection (first year). In it, it was virtually the same, except there was no Dr. Smith. It was turned down by CBS and they were given a chance to revamp it. The second version was accepted and last night's show is what we got to see. I guess one might call it the second Pilot? Anyway, can you imagine Lost in Space without a Dr. Smith?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)