--attention Miami Voomers--

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Still have servie during a hurricane!!

Can't beleive my normal size dish with voom is still working under hurricane conditions.. I don't know how much longer the dish will stay up, but for now its still working... What happens if it comes down?? WIll voom fix it??

Does anyone in Miami have a signal yet? Just curious because I have zero signal back at this point. Hope everyone in South FL made it through without any damage!!!!!

I'm in Miami and never lost signal. You sure your dish is still up and not covered by a tree??? Only thing I lost is most of my locals. Channel 4 and 33 shut off their digital OTA feed to save generator power. Channels 7 and 10 don't even seem to know they have a digital OTA feed so I'm not sure what's up with them but I'm getting zero signal from them. Channel 6 came through with flying colors. Signal been up near 99 all through the storm.

I starting losing Sat signal not through the horizontal rain, but today with the downpour i haven't been able to watch much. I saw 15 minutes of the Untouchables even though the TV was tuned to that channel for 2 hours.

Ive got zero satelite signal on all my VOOM channels, where befoire Frances, I averaged a 94/95. I've already tried a hard and soft reboot but nothing. Im not a techie by any means, so if anyone can give me some advice I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's to hoping that Ivan the terrible stays away. Our state has had enough!!!!!!!!!!

have you checked your dish and all the connections going to it? if the dish is still there, make sure it didn't move. My dish was ok but my antenna moved about 30 degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts