ATTENTION: Voom Forum will be here & Open!!!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Even before there was no plans to close the VOOM Forums. They will remain open since there will be more loose ends to tie. The VOOM programming Forum will be going some changes as we are moving it to the General HD area since we expect that not only E* will have the Voom 21 but also Cable and D* in the future. So we are going to make changes for the better. Great stuff coming....

Thanks Sean, Scott and the rest of you at the SatelliteGuys. I'm surprised we have not crashed your server tonight with all this excitement. :D :D

Yeah....thanks Scott for your super sleuth know how and Sean for your insight an knowledge of everything..!! And Ever since I joined here...and this is both sad AND funny...I INFORM the guys at some of the Florida Brandsmart electronic stores with dbs info.. thanks to you guys and everyone at SatelliteGuys...you guys are the best!

ptech said:
I'm surprised we have not crashed your server tonight with all this excitement. :D :D
The server didn't crash, but we did set a new SatelliteGuys record of 2608 people on-line! :)

Thank Sean and Scott

Thanks Sean and Scott, i am glad we can see voom thru this forums eyes for the next few years and beyond. I was really going to miss this forum. You guys deserve this, you have sacrificed so much time and effort to make us happy.

Satellite guys is the biggest winner in this, we are on the map for breaking news, like Cnn.

Keep up the good work , and all the best Voom and Satellite guys in the future.
Go Voom go - on dish.

garveyj said:
Any word on if or when D* will be taking the Voom HD channels and putting them on their service?
There is a post somewhere on this forum about D* coming out with an announcement in June to carry ALL Voom21 plus a bunch more new HD channels including their own D* exclusives. I can't find the post right now. Could be fake anyway.

Too much is happening. Just enjoy Voom on its last day! :)

I called DirecTV yesterday to get their reaction and the CSR only said that they will have a new satellite and expect to have many many HD programs in the near future. Nothing about picking up the VOOM service. I have been hearing that malarky as long as the one about WMD's!

Sean Mota said:
Even before there was no plans to close the VOOM Forums. They will remain open since there will be more loose ends to tie. The VOOM programming Forum will be going some changes as we are moving it to the General HD area since we expect that not only E* will have the Voom 21 but also Cable and D* in the future. So we are going to make changes for the better. Great stuff coming....
I wouldn't mind seeing an "Install / Help" forum in the E* forums. The normal volume of 'help me get this darn thing working' and 'tell me what I need' posts isn't bad but the influx of Voomers has run up the post count over there.

There are also a lot of HD posts in the general forum ...

JL

Only if these channels become E* exclusive. Most likely we will move it to the HD Programming section.

Sean I was wondering if you're ever gonna remove that bright BOLD RED text from your signature?

:D

Thanks Sean and Scott for giving us all of the insight into what was going on with V* for the last few months. I think I am just going to enjoy my HD service from Cox Cable for a couple of months and see if any other providers pickup some, if any, of the the V* 21. I am still going to hang around though to get the scoop and what is going on with V* 21! ;)

It has been great having a place to get so much up front information.

I also wanted to let you guys know that when I contacted a local Satellite Co. here in Phoenix, they were getting all of their info about E* picking up the V* lineup from the Satellite Guys forums!

It looks like even distributors know where to go to get the latest information about what is really happening in the world of Satellites! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)