Attn DIRT: Hopper 3 Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Congrats.

The technician left a few hours ago, but I've been pretty happy with the H3 and Joey 2.0s thus far (limited sample size, of course).

Glad you're getting your upgrade and a good deal. Hope all works out.
Cool, So no Bricked Joeys?
I moved my appointment up to the 15th now so hopefully its a smooth transition.
Stinks I have to go back to the 1000.2 dish, but hopefully the Hybrid signal is better.

Nope... no bricked Joeys.

The only issue I had with the install was during cleanup the technician cut a coax outside and we had to re-terminate it. Otherwise, the signal looks just as good (if not a little better).

Again, hope you have similar luck. Would love to hear how things go once your appointment is done.

Reactions: Troch77
I also just upgraded to Hopper 3 and Joey 2. I had two first gen Hoppers. Was hoping to keep one, but are incompatible with each other. I've been with Dish for 22 years with auto pay. Total out of pocket cost for my upgrade was $0. Pretty darn happy with that and no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I also just upgraded to Hopper 3 and Joey 2. I had two first gen Hoppers. Was hoping to keep one, but are incompatible with each other. I've been with Dish for 22 years with auto pay. Total out of pocket cost for my upgrade was $0. Pretty darn happy with that and no issues so far.

Congratulations on your long relationship with Dish but it's at the most 20 years. Dish started service in 1996. I remember the EchoStar 1 launch on the Chinese rocket in December of 1995 like it was yesterday. :)

Congratulations on your long relationship with Dish but it's at the most 20 years. Dish started service in 1996. I remember the EchoStar 1 launch on the Chinese rocket in December of 1995 like it was yesterday. :)
Yeah. I was kinda wondering about the 22 years...I started in Feb of 1997. Cash and carry equipment. Bought the system at Sears and installed it myself. My receivers were JVC. One model 4500, and the other was a 3500.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah. I was kinda wondering about the 22 years...I started in Feb of 1997. Cash and carry equipment. Bought the system at Sears and installed it myself. My receivers were JVC. One model 4500, and the other was a 3500.

We gave Charlie $1000 up front to bring to China with him when he went for the launch and he brought bring us back a model 1000 I think it was. That's how us original dealers got started.

That's pretty good.

I probably could have argued the PP and the install fee. I think I was just shocked after my experiences that they were going to waive the upgrade fee at all. I had gotten quoted as much as $400 (depending on who I got on the phone and/or chat and time of year).

DIRT is definitely the way to go if anyone is interested in an upgrade and they're having problems with phone / chat support. I'm sure account history dictates what type of deal for which people are eligible, but the reps on the phone and chat seemingly can't wait to tack on fees.
The $400 sounds like purchase price, not upgrade price.

You guys are right I'm sure. Got my first dish from local sat store when they first got it. Migrated from the C band system. Never regretted it.

I have to wait for DPH42 to accomodate 2 H3's looking at 4 sats. But when it is available, I hope to step-up to H3. I hope I get a good upgrade deal.

I might still have mine buried somewhere. One of these days I'll have to look for it. :)
I kept them in a closet for a couple years. Finally I took all the old Hughes DTV receivers I had plus the aforementioned boxes to the local recycling station.
Those JVC boxes were work horses. Never gave my a bit of trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)