Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
monterey_sports_car2.jpg

RM Monterey Sports Car Sale
Auction HD Live! Ready... Set... GO! Sizzling race cars with daring style - only at the RM auction in Monterey will you find a 1953 Ferrari 166/250 MM Competition Spider or a rare 1961 Chaparral 1 sports racing car (one of only five produced). Don't miss these exciting show-stoppers to add to your collection. Part of our All Auto Auction Weekend.
Preview show: Premieres August 8
Live coverage: August 14

If you are a car freak, this was actually pretty good. If you are a rich car freak, you might actually be able to buy some of these vehicles. Hard to believe that somebody would actually pay up to 3 million dollars for a car that sits on display.

On Rides this week they were showing Celebrity cars and they had a Ferrari that sold new for $600K and is now worth a cool $2M. Changing out the rotors and pads on this puppy cost $30K and they were building custom wheels (never been done before on an Enzo) and $$ were no object, just do it. The guy wanted a racecar type knock-off spindle wheel instead of lugnuts. OUCH! My first house cost me $39K, LOL.

The Stone Man said:
The first brand new car I bought was a Datsun B-210 and it cost $2900 in 1974. 30K for wheels and skins?? Holy guacamole.
My first new car was a Datsun pickup truck in 1972 for $2200 ($1700 base price) and it was tricked out with chrome wheels, bed cover and side chrome grips. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)