Auction scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted an attorney in Bristol New Hampshire to see about going the legal route. His fee was going to be $165 per hour so that is not an option. Something should be done about these con men using the internet for their gain. What really burns my butt is that I contacted Paypal two days after I made the money transfer and wanted to cancel the deal (the money hadn't been transfered from my bank acct yet) they talked me out of it. Do you think that would have any bearing on the matter?

Is the PayPal "guarantee" contingent on them having access to the jackass' funds?

What the hell kind of buyer protection is that?

CPanther95 said:
Is the PayPal "guarantee" contingent on them having access to the jackass' funds?

What the hell kind of buyer protection is that?
False hope mainly. I've had to deal with Paypal buyter protection before and it was basically a joke.

I can't beleive it! I sent the guy an email threatening legal action and that I had been in contact with the IRS concerning his business and that the attorney general of his state would be in contact with him. I gave him til Feb 20 to get in touch with me. Guess what? I heard from him today. He said he has been in the hospital( I'll bet). He told me that he received many emails from Paypal and since they had ruled in my favor that I would be taken care of with Paypals buyer protection. Maybe I will get something done. I was already to write this off, but after talking to my brother who is a judge, thought I would try to bluff him into paying me back. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)