Audio and video off on Discovery HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Watching it right now and don't see / hear anything wrong. Have you tried rebooting your receiver? What make & model receiver do you have?

I know my 11yo watched that last night and he never said anything, so get home and see if it still happening and let us know.

My H20 does it 99% of the time on that channel, guess i am glad they dont show the person talking much!! It is so bad the even my wife has comented. Yes I have reset the reciever may times.

Eric Goempel said:
My H20 does it 99% of the time on that channel, guess i am glad they dont show the person talking much!! It is so bad the even my wife has comented. Yes I have reset the reciever may times.
Glad I am not alone here, thought maybe I was trippin. That channel seems to be the worst. Driver X the other day was so bad my son would not watch it with me.

I've never noticed it on my H10. I've heard that people who have a surround sound system have problems cause the video and audio aren't processed at the same time. Maybe that's only when an HDMI cable is used as opposed to Y-Pb-Pr. I don't have a surround sound system (yet) so I wouldn't know 100% if that's the problem.

I have the DD surround and also use the componant, no issues. I think it has to do with the specific receivers and their firmware.

Hmm, well that kills that theory, heh.

I'd be interested to know if the threadstarter has the HDMI cable going directly to his TV, and also has the optical cable going to his surround system.

I have both the HDMI cable and optical into a Yamaha DD receiver. I also see lag in the audio on this channel. Sometimes worse than others. Have not noticed it on other HD channels.

I also have audio sync problems with Discovery HD. I have a Samsung ts-360 receiver and it happens with the surround sound on or the panel speakers on my plasma. Sometimes its ok, other times its off. I tried to reboot - no help. Other channels seem to be ok.

My HR10-250 has the same problem. I have only noticed it on DSHD. Sometimes its slight, and sometimes its really bad. All audio is going through an optical cable to my yamaha receiver.

Since I don't have my H20 installed yet I cannot comment on the sync problems just yet. I was poking around in the menus of my new LCD TV and found that I have an AV Sync feature. It offers Off/1/2/3 as my choices. I guess these may cure any AV sync issues. Hopefully. Check to see if you're TV has this feature.

climo said:
Since I don't have my H20 installed yet I cannot comment on the sync problems just yet. I was poking around in the menus of my new LCD TV and found that I have an AV Sync feature. It offers Off/1/2/3 as my choices. I guess these may cure any AV sync issues. Hopefully. Check to see if you're TV has this feature.
Does no good if running through a surround sound system though.

I have the same issue on that channel. Running hdmi to my 61" Samsung DLP and optical cable to a Yamaha receiver with surround enabled.

I have had the same sync problems with Discovery HD since I got it one year ago. I've changed the my HR10-250 due to an HDMI failure and it is still a problem. It doesn't matter if I use my TV speakers using HDMI or component/analog audio or go through my receiver. Sometimes they are almost a second apart which makes it nearly unwatchable if anybody is doing any talking on screen.

Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)