Audio Blips. Does anyone else get these? Like every once in a while seems to drop a word or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update. Got TOSLINK cable.

Connected fine. Audio was fine could not get video to come on.
Called BOSE, they had me unplug HDMI cable from Direct and BOSE V25.
Then connect Red,Blue and Green cable to components area directly to the right of the Optical on both Directv and Bose V25. I guess I'm running video through these cables now. All this is connected in HDMI 5 area on Bose.

To be honest everything seems fine as far as Tav and viewing experience. No bleeps yet. Comments on what I've done wrong :) lol

charper1 said:
TOSLINK is audio only; the RGB is the component video and supplies no audio.

Yes Sir....Audio seems good and with the naked eye I can't see much difference with Video. Long as those audio drops stop, I'll be happy.....not sure why I couldn't run the Vid through HDMI , but took the advice from the Bose kid. He seemed to know what he was taking about.

It's sure been a learning experience for this 60 year old.....lol 43 years total with IBM and Lockheed didn't prepare me for this TV BS !

charper1 said:
TOSLINK is audio only; the RGB is the component video and supplies no audio.

Charper. I do have one question. Now that I have audio handled through TOSLINK. Running video through the RGB will not allow me to view 1080p?
I thought I saw in one of your responses that you only use HDMI to view 1080P.

Wasn't me, I do not use / have no use for 1080p. Depending on your A/V unit; you can also eliminate the audio portion from the HDMI, still use it for video and continue using the TOSLINK cable for the audio delivery. Sorry to say I am not much of a fan of the Bose stuff, but can you tell my the model number? Is this an all-in-one or HTIB unit such as the Lifestyle 28 series?

charper1 said:
Wasn't me, I do not use / have no use for 1080p. Depending on your A/V unit; you can also eliminate the audio portion from the HDMI, still use it for video and continue using the TOSLINK cable for the audio delivery. Sorry to say I am not much of a fan of the Bose stuff, but can you tell my the model number? Is this an all-in-one or HTIB unit such as the Lifestyle 28 series?

It's the Lifestyle V25 Series . Not sure I would know how to eliminate the Audio from HDMI.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...component_systems/lifestyle_v_class/index.jsp

you may not be able to with one of these. thats why I asked for the model so I could read the user guide. many higher end units allow for fully selectable and assignable ports

charper1 said:
you may not be able to with one of these. thats why I asked for the model so I could read the user guide. many higher end units allow for fully selectable and assignable ports

Thank you anyway. I appreciate your time :)

See also these threads:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-technical-discussions/219261-sound-cuttin-out.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/222328-sound-dropouts.html

This has been an issue for me off and on for some time, right now ( knock on wood ) I'm having no known audio drop out issues.
Turning off the Dolby Digital in the menu defeats the purpose of having a surround sound system. My Pioneer surround sound is currently hooked up audio wise from my HR22 with RCA cables, digital optical cable, and coaxial digital. I run HDMI straight to the TV, I also have RCA cables from the audio out on the TV to the Pioneer, all in an earlier attempt to troubleshoot the Audio drop-outs I was having.

I've called DirecTV Tech support numerous times, sometimes they try to help, other times they blame your audio equipment and/or tell you to turn the Dolby Digital off in the menu.

PMKS said:
See also these threads:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-technical-discussions/219261-sound-cuttin-out.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/222328-sound-dropouts.html

This has been an issue for me off and on for some time, right now ( knock on wood ) I'm having no known audio drop out issues.
Turning off the Dolby Digital in the menu defeats the purpose of having a surround sound system. My Pioneer surround sound is currently hooked up audio wise from my HR22 with RCA cables, digital optical cable, and coaxial digital. I run HDMI straight to the TV, I also have RCA cables from the audio out on the TV to the Pioneer, all in an earlier attempt to troubleshoot the Audio drop-outs I was having.

I've called DirecTV Tech support numerous times, sometimes they try to help, other times they blame your audio equipment and/or tell you to turn the Dolby Digital off in the menu.

I disconnected my HDMI and now using TOSLINK for audio and hooked up RGB into component Video and HDMI to TV. The problem has seemed to stop. The RGB was recommended by the BOSE people.

I did and tried everything with the HDMI to run audio. Except replace the directv receiver which is what the BOSE guys said after all the other trouble shooting...

I see audio blips all the time playing Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox 360. It's connected via HDMI to a Samsung Plasma TV.

It's not just DirecTV. I think I had 5 audio / video blips yesterday. Sometimes playing Skyrim too (but mostly MW3).

YES, I'm in the Washington, DC area also, and seem to get the blips mostly on my local channels. I first thought it was the new receiver I had I had bought, but now glad to hear other directv subs are experiencing the same problem. It drives me crazy. I will now be calling directv to complain and they will probably blame it on someone or something else.

I get audio blips or drop outs routinely on NBC17 - WNCN, but not so much on other channels. I do not see the same behavior on their OTA transmission.

-Ted

Into day 3 and no more audio issues after turning off Dolby Digital on all receivers and TV's.

I guess it could come back but as of now, everything is solid.

Turning Dolby Digital will leave you with stereo sound. What about people with at least 5.1 receivers ? this defeats the purpose of having a 5.1 or greater receiver. (duh)

jaysat51 said:
Turning Dolby Digital will leave you with stereo sound. What about people with at least 5.1 receivers ? this defeats the purpose of having a 5.1 or greater receiver. (duh)

In DC also. I got my 5.1 back now with my new set up above. Also , I only seemed to see this on locals.

Now why it's working through TOSLINK Connection now , I have no idea.

Re-read all the above. the DD off was for direct to TV only. AND most users are not having issues with DD on, but if you are, try using a TOSLINK or DIGITAL COAX for audio.

I get audio blips or drop outs routinely on NBC17 - WNCN, but not so much on other channels. I do not see the same behavior on their OTA transmission.

-Ted

I also get audio blips on WNCN (I do not have it through DirecTV, but I have it OTA via AM21.) I think this is an issue at NBC17 since AntennaTV (17-2) and Universal Sports (17-3) also have audio blips and they're not DD.

I might not be the best person to comment on this though, since their OTA signal is the weakest Raleigh signal in my area and is subject to interference from the Fox21 RF 17 signal out of the Roanoke DMA and my audio blips could just be signal interruptions. WRAL and Fox50 are perfect signal, though, registered in the upper part of that weird AM21 signal meter thing.

GO HOOS! Just had an audio blip doing Chic Filet commerial on ESPN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)