Audio cut outs Dolby on w/ my optical

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PAULSTORM

Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
I have the optical chord hooked up from my Directv DVR to my amplifier for Dolby Digital output. I'm experiencing audio dropouts or cutouts on a handful of HD channels like Fox Biz Channel HD, Cartoon HD, and FX HD. Not sure if there are anymore. I don't have any problems w/ the Dolby Digital on say TBS-HD, TNT-HD, or any of the premium movie HD channels. Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Or, is there a solution?

Thanks

Yes - I have the same issues on Cartoon HD regardless if optical or hdmi. I would never go component due to analog signal so I can't respond on that side. All other channels are good. Others have reported this issue as well. Something on the Directv side - not yours.

I have ZERO audio drop issues with the TOSlink audio (or digital coax). There is nearly no visual differences either to my HD setup with HDMI so I use the longer run capable component along with the TOSlink (you may have digital coax as an option too). Try a different TOSlink cable or going to digital coax audio if you can.

I don't have any problems. I'd wish my H20 had a coax dig. out instead of the optical. I only use the optical when I don't have anyother choice. I understand the H21 has both coax and optical.

Several years ago there were a couple of Dolby 5.1 codecs that caused this sort of drop out on some models of some receivers-Onkyo, Denon, and others. It appeared on DVDs and DirecTV and was fixed in time with new codecs, but there might be some old ones around. My Onkyo cut out on FOX Business HD and CNN HD last week --OK now.

im in Nc, audio dropouts for 2 days constant on ABC and CBs HD... everything else seems to be ok.

I use optical.. i've found primarily in Football that the sound will "jump around" between left and center speaker, but I don't know if its D* fault or if its the system's. Its a HTIB that I basically got just for the 5.1 DD capabilties.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)