Audio drop outs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I have been experiencing audio drop outs on some of my D* HD channels.... slight pixalation from time to time as well...

Currently using my HR20-700 and my AT-9 dish.
Mainly ESPN, HD Net and occasionally 95 as well.
These are appearing about anywhere from once a minute to every 20 seconds or so.
My signal strentgh doesn't appear to be the problem, as the levels are in the high 80's to mid 90's.

None of the SD channels are having this problem and my locals from my OTA antenna are NOT having any trouble as well.

Anyone else having trouble with these channels ?
Any solutions ? I have tried the reboot option and it appears to work, but only till I turn it off and whan I turn it back on I have this issue again.

Getting tired of rebooting.
Hope D* fixes this soon.

Jimbo

I have been experiencing audio drop outs on some of my D* HD channels.... slight pixalation from time to time as well...

Currently using my HR20-700 and my AT-9 dish.
Mainly ESPN, HD Net and occasionally 95 as well.
These are appearing about anywhere from once a minute to every 20 seconds or so.
My signal strentgh doesn't appear to be the problem, as the levels are in the high 80's to mid 90's.

None of the SD channels are having this problem and my locals from my OTA antenna are NOT having any trouble as well.

Anyone else having trouble with these channels ?
Any solutions ? I have tried the reboot option and it appears to work, but only till I turn it off and whan I turn it back on I have this issue again.

Getting tired of rebooting.
Hope D* fixes this soon.

Jimbo

I have the same problem also however my signal from sat 103 seems to go to zero when it fails, so I think I have a bad hr20. D* is sending me another one...

We had exactly the same problem on our first HR20, but I did not know the problem was common, so I just ried to reboot and checked our lines. When that did work, we complained to D*. The second unit, replacement HR20 works just fine. We did not change anything else in the system-just the unit.

We also had this problem on an HR10 and I replaced the power supply with a module from Weaknees. Now works fine also. Glad we saved the unit-I prefer the TiVo software and dual buffers.

I'm not sure all these audio dropouts can be blamed on software. I think there are a lot of bad units, corrupted hard drives and fried power supplies out there.

Hope you resolve the problem. Irritating glitches like this can drive you nuts.

I think it IS software related ....
Reason being, it did this awhile back then when a new update came, it didn't do it at all, then another update came and it is back again, I am hoping with the next one they will finish fixing the dropout issue.

Jimbo

I have the same problem. It only seems to be durning the show not durning commericals. I have high 90's on the 101, 110 & 119 but the 99 (b) and 103 (b) have some 0's. They read like this:
6 Total at 99(b) 94 0 86 0 93 0
7 Total at 103(b) 91 0 96 16 91 0
I dont know if the 0's is normal because if the channels were on the transponder that are 0 the channel would say searching for signal.

I'm trying to figure out if its the station or something on my end.

I have the same problem. It only seems to be durning the show not durning commericals. I have high 90's on the 101, 110 & 119 but the 99 (b) and 103 (b) have some 0's. They read like this:
6 Total at 99(b) 94 0 86 0 93 0
7 Total at 103(b) 91 0 96 16 91 0
I dont know if the 0's is normal because if the channels were on the transponder that are 0 the channel would say searching for signal.

I'm trying to figure out if its the station or something on my end.

99 and 103 use spotbeams, so you will not get signals for those transponders not used in your area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts