Audio Irregularities with B&K Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daveoo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 1, 2005
With VOOM rcrv hooked optically into my B&K 307 I get unpredictable audio. This is not dropouts. I may have audio just fine then switch channels on VOOM and lose all audio. A few more flips of the channels brings back the audio. Having to flip, up or down, thru 2-10 channels before audio returns makes matching audio with the channel I want a guessing game.

Two VOOM rcvrs have been tried with the same problem.

B&K does stand out on having a few audio bugs. And that darn flag. Might try a second optical cable and try PCM.

Hints?

Thanks.
Daveoo

I suspect your A/V receiver is configured to switch inputs automatically. Whenever it loses DD synchronization it falls back to analog input. Check the settings of your A/V receiver and see if you can disable this auto-selection and force one single input type.

Thanks for the advise. Got off my but. Couldn't find exactly what you suggested, but I re-did the settings for processing and got reliable sound for now. The unit is getting rusty and forgets some settings when powered off.

daveoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts