Audio level: who to complain to

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
I'm not sure whether this is a DISH Network problem or a station problem. The audio level on one of my local channels has suddenly become extremely loud. For most channels, I keep the volume level between 45 and 50. For this channel, I have to turn it down to 10-15 because it is extremely loud. The big difference just started earlier this week. It's on all of my TVs but only on this one channel. Does the station or DISH control the audio level and who should I complain to? Should I tell both? Since it's only one channel, I would guess it's a station problem but I thought I'd ask first.

Unless things have changed the satellite providers cannot adjust the signal, just retransmit it. Logic would say that you must contact the offending station to get the volume adjusted.

Maybe this is an Eddie Fritz game to keep NAB away from the sats?

chaddux said:
Got my reply and DISH lowered the audio level. Very quick turn-around.

Yes , they seem to really care about fixing any problems. :D

It 's funny how many people won't say anything about these audio /video problems , and just suffer through. When I first got Houston locals back in 2003, the ABC station looked like someone who was looking through a sea of vasoline. I wrote and email and they called me at my phone number and said no one else in the entire Houston market had called to report this. They sent techs out to the Houston station and sure enough there was a problem with noise entering the line at the station. They fixed it and now it looks better than all the other stations in the Houston dma. So it does pay to speak up about these issues. It is the only way to get them to fix them. After all they want their service to look it's best to attract more customers.

It is to bad that Directv doesn't offer the same service for their customers- Especially when it comes to their Hd Lite channels. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)