Audio no Video

jae360

Original poster
May 24, 2006
While watching TV today I lost video on all channels but still have audio. Checked DVD and other things on tv and video works so its not my tv. I have the vip211 HD receiver. Anyone have any suggestions?

jae360 said:
While watching TV today I lost video on all channels but still have audio. Checked DVD and other things on tv and video works so its not my tv. I have the vip211 HD receiver. Anyone have any suggestions?

Do a hard reset on your receiver. Push and hold the power button for ten seconds and let the receiver go thru its start up routine.

When there is inclement weather or errors, especially off 129W as the satellite wobbles around, instead of just freezing the picture in the output circuit as the old 6000s did that could be corrected with a quick channel change and back, you have to reboot the ViP211 and go through the incredibily long startup sequence.

It's a real PITA - especially as the video signal is continuing to come in fine - its just the output circuit that is hosed to your set that is hosed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts