Audio out of sync on 622 for FOX-HD?

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Since I got my new 622 I have noticed for 2 weeks now that on local Phoenix FOX HD - shows like 24 and prison break sometimes American Idol (not me- for the wife of course) that I have recorded on the 622, the audio is about a second ahead of the picture. IS this my 622? Is this Dish? or is this my local affiliate problem?

And depending on the answer how to I go about fixing or getting this issue resolved?
Thanks SG

I had some issues with that in the Detroit area...I called DISH and they said they weren't aware of anything...and that they'd look into it. That was on a Wednesday...24 has been great ever since. (And American Idol for the wife, too.)

I also have had audio sync with FOX HD. Last Monday's 24 was good, "Till Death and Idol had the problem this week.

I not only had out of sync with fox, but sound going in and out altogether. missed big hunks of house. Have also had sound go out upon backing up, and one program I recorded had no sound at all. Not sure if the last two problems were on fox or not. This 622 is a piece of junk.

Must be the cable box because my other TV with a DVR 510 was fine. Never had any problems with the 510 and Dish doesn't even offer it any more.

We have two 622s. We frequently observe sound problems ranging from out-of-sync, to popping/fluttering to total loss of audio. Frequently this happens on Fox HD, however last night we also observed it on ABC HD during dancing with the stars. My wife got rather upset about this. Both 622s are in single mode and are connected to TV via HDMI. It is really annoying when you record a show to watch later just to find out there is no audio playback. I never had that problem on my old 942 or on any of the other DVRs I had in the past. Judging from the nuber of complaints I've read about sound on the 622, the 622 HW/SW must have some common problem, or the HD/audio signal encoding and delivery system is to blame.

I have found that my local OTA NBC affiliate from Flint, MI has terrible issues with lip-sync. I have tested with my T.V.'s ATSC tuner and it happens the same as on my 622. On the other hand I also receive OTA NBC from Detroit and don't notice it on that channel.

I have had an ongoing problem with fox 9 out of minneapolis and audio sync. It has been doing it off and on for the past 3 or 4 months.
I email dish everytime it happens. One time got a call from a tech at the head end and asked me about it. I told him to check it there and he fixed it on the spot.
Then the question, don;t you have people watching for these problems and his answer was we have too many channels to watch all of them. We wait for people like you to inform us.
So start emailing until they get sick of us and fix it for good.

Yeah, I get it too on Fox-10 from Phoenix. It's bad more often than it's good. Sometimes, it's just off by a couple frames. But this weekend, it was so bad, even the animated shows were obviously way off.

THanks

I am glad I am not the only one in Phoenix with this problem. We need to start contacting dish about it till it is fixed.

FOX-HD LiL was out of sync; FOX-HD OTA (different feed) was in sync. Kind of annoying.

But tonight ABC seems to be a bit out of sync too... Wonder if the 622 is acting up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)