Audio/Pixilation Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hobbie387_2010

Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
USA
I was with DirecTV about three years ago when I began having issues with audio dropouts and pixilation issues on my HD DVR. At that time, it was the latest and greatest receiver DirecTV had to offer. I had several tech visits who had a plethora of answers to my issues. My signal strengths were always in the mid 90s but the issue still persisted. I went through case management twice to no avail. The final conclusion was that my house, old school, two wire electrical system would not work with DirecTV. In an attempt to disprove this theory, I had a brand new three-wire circuit installed just for the use of the DirecTV receivers. The problem still persisted. I finally was allowed out of my contract with DirecTV because they could not fix the problem. The next day, I signed on with DISH. I have had no problems with DISH. DISH used the same coax wiring, newly installed three wire circuit, tvs, etc. The only difference in the DirecTV system and the DISH system is the location of the satellite dish on my roof. I am considering switching back to DirecTV because my DISH bill has gotten quite high, however, I do not want to go through the same issue(s) again. Do any of the installers or customers who read this forum have any thoughts on my situation? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys hobbie387_2010!

Just a guess, but it sounds like you had a defective dvr or lnb. Regardless the cause, they will install a new dish/lnb and probably give you a new HR24.

Also, the DVR and LNBs were replaced numerous times. The wiring was replaced and the dish was moved down my roof 12-18 inches. None of these fixes seemed to help. I am looking into the Genie system. Is that the HR24 you are referring to?

I have had both, and have done my own installs. The dropouts would make me thing hardware or line of sight, but since all of that was checked/replaced, I have no input, sorry. Seems rather strange unless you were just working with a poor subcontractor (I just dealt with one last week).

The HR24 was released around February 2010. You may have had one of those. The Genie comes in two models, the HR34 and HR44. The HR44 is a better unit, more reliable, etc.

BTW, simply adding a grounded circuit to an improperly grounded system doesn't mean the new circuit is properly grounded. I'm not saying that's the case, just a possibility.

Are you suggesting that they subcontractor(s) were correct in their assessment of my electrical system? If this was they case, then why is it only DirecTV that has issues with my system. No other components and the DISH network equipment has also had no problems. I don't think this makes sense with the electrical system being bad idea, but let me know what you think.

I don't know if there is a difference between the two company's equipment for it to matter. I'm saying that adding a grounded circuit onto an older two wire system doesn't mean the new circuit is properly grounded. I assume that it was done by a licensed electrician, but you never know with those old systems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)