audio problems in chicago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
anyone having audio issues on the h20? I am having them on some local HD channels

H20 Audio Drop Outs

I am have troubles with the H20 dropping audio as well - it is seen while using the Dolby Digital settings through the Optical Output. If I go into the menu and turn off Dolby Digital then all is OK, but when it is on the audio cuts out every few seconds. Very annoying - there was a post somewhere on here that said you could turn off the Dolby Digtal within the menu and still get the surround sound out put, but for me that doesn't work. I've had to settle on 'simulated 5.1' until they release a fix or something for it... BTW - this is only true on the new locals - the others seem fine...

bpolka said:
I am have troubles with the H20 dropping audio as well - it is seen while using the Dolby Digital settings through the Optical Output. If I go into the menu and turn off Dolby Digital then all is OK, but when it is on the audio cuts out every few seconds. Very annoying - there was a post somewhere on here that said you could turn off the Dolby Digtal within the menu and still get the surround sound out put, but for me that doesn't work. I've had to settle on 'simulated 5.1' until they release a fix or something for it... BTW - this is only true on the new locals - the others seem fine...
This has been a widely reported problem - in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Philly so far. Not sure about Detroit. There appears to be an isue with the Dolby audio part of the local HD channel broadcast from D*TV itself.

H20 Audio Video Snyc

pradike said:
This has been a widely reported problem - in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Philly so far. Not sure about Detroit. There appears to be an isue with the Dolby audio part of the local HD channel broadcast from D*TV itself.
Had install on Dec 14 (H20 & AT9 dish)
Also Having problems withDolby audio part of the local HD channels broadcast from D*tv but only on local NBC & Fox. Called D*tv and
According to D*tv I am the only one with this problem and to call back in 24 hrs
if it still happens.
I see by these posts I am not the only one having these problems.:confused:

I saw a minor audio synch problem for a minute on one channel. I changed channels and didn't see it elsewhere, and haven't seen it at all since.

Unfortunately I didn't track which station had the problem, but it was a local HD channel, and I've been to all of them since and seen no problem.

there could be something intermittant happening.

mark

I can confirm the same audio problems in Dallas. I called D* and they said a software patch for the H20 is in the works.

lagmandan said:
The latest software patch did not fix the audio problem for me.
The latest patch was only to fix the "cannot acquire sat" message bug...not fixed.

Another patch is pending soon for audio issues, including HD local Dolby dropouts...

pradike said:
The latest patch was only to fix the "cannot acquire sat" message bug...not fixed.

Another patch is pending soon for audio issues, including HD local Dolby dropouts...

Is there a resolution to this issue from DirecTV? I purchased my H20 in Feb and over the last three or four weeks the audio has started demonstrating these problems. When I first turn on the unit it is a toss-up as to whether I'll have audio. After a few minutes I can see my receiver start to get a lock on the signal [via optical output with dolbe turned on], but comes and goes very frequently. After about 15 minutes the signal is locked more often than not. DirecTV support states that they have no other reports of this issue and offered to swap out my purchased unit for a leased one. I would prefer not to throw another $200 at them and get them to download a firmware fix if there is one.

Thanks,
Walt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)