audio problems on the new hr20-700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like you got a bad receiver. I had the same problem when I purchased one from Directv(made in China). Both OTA and Directv HD had audio problems. I called Directv. The response was that I had to schedule another "install" date. The installer would not be able to supply another unit for two months. Called customer retention and got a credit for the purchase of a new unit from either Best Buy or Circuit City. Purchased a new unit from CC(made in Mexico). Works great. No complaints.

does anyone know how to resolve the horrible audio screeh on the hd channels?

I have never had audio screech on any channels with mine, I have had audio drop outs with it, isolated to D* provided HD channels only,, OTA is fine and sd is fine.
My problem may be software related, not sure about your with out more info.

How is your set up done, what type of connections , what all is in your set up ?

Are you getting all your HD from D* , is it only on D* HD channels (vs. OTA), are you going thru an audio / video rec. when this happens, HDMI connections or
Component ?

What reciever are you refering to, what TV are you using ?

Need a lot more info to try to realistically help you.

Jimbo

Sounds like you got a bad receiver. I had the same problem when I purchased one from Directv(made in China). Both OTA and Directv HD had audio problems. I called Directv. The response was that I had to schedule another "install" date. The installer would not be able to supply another unit for two months. Called customer retention and got a credit for the purchase of a new unit from either Best Buy or Circuit City. Purchased a new unit from CC(made in Mexico). Works great. No complaints.

Q. Did you change models of rec's or keep the same rec model ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts