Audio stuttering on ViP622 recorded shows

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I've been having a really annoying issue with my 622. When watching some recorded shows, the audio will start stuttering and it fixes it to hit pause or skip back. Sometimes it is really bad and does it often while other times it doesn't do it at all. Strangely it does it everytime that I record People's Court on NYC local on Conus. It did it tonight when watching American Idol recorded from NYC FOX on Conus. I haven't noticed it on shows recorded from other channels and it doesn't happen when watching live TV. What could be causing this weird behavior?

It's a known problem, we are waiting for a software update to fix it. As you said, sometimes pausing and hitting back or forward key helps. Sometimes a re-boot also helps.

Thanks. I was wondering if there was a problem with my hard drive or something. It's good to know it's a software issue though no less annoying to deal with.

I have had this problem with my ViP-622 since I got it. I have 2 of these - both have this problem - Unfortunately it makes using the DVR a terrible experience when it happens - which is often. I have talked to Dish numerous times - they say that a software fix will fix it. Unfortunately again - there is no answer when. Basically as annoying as it is - and it really is - we have to live with it. At this point I would love to get a better answer from Dish - their only response is that we can replace it - but the replacement will be reconditioned and no guarantee that anything will change.

One thing that I notice - and I would love someone else to look at theirs - it seems that possibility the hotter the box runs - the more it happens. My unit is exposed, plenty of air flow, but still gets very hot. I have been putting a pot of ice cold water on it which seems to help cool the unit (like thawing a steak!) - as Dish doesnt have any answers.

Some shows are better than others - and if it is recording two shows it gets much worse.

But it's not a specific show - this has been happening since they released it.

BUMP for same problem. It is very annoying when trying to watch a show you have to pause every few minutes.

This has been happening for a very long time

I just started having this problem yesterday. L366 shouldn't have caused it but I've had my 622 since last summer and it hasn't done it once until now. All of a sudden it's done it multiple times since Friday. Coincidence? I'm not sure.

I am a new subsriber, but our service was flawless a bit ago...but now I am gettig it on lots of shows. I have noticed it the worst on HD networks. Last night, SNL was almost unwatchable. At some points, the audio was 1/4 second off. Weird.

A stop and retsrat would fix it...but it would do it again???

Same here - just started today - it's been flawless for the longest time (it used to do it when we first got the unit about 8 months ago.. I think this may be 3.66 update related since that was just rolled out....

I wish the receiver would indicate exactly when the update occurred. We have it set for daily reboot/update.

I am a new subsriber, but our service was flawless a bit ago...but now I am gettig it on lots of shows. I have noticed it the worst on HD networks. Last night, SNL was almost unwatchable. At some points, the audio was 1/4 second off. Weird.

A stop and retsrat would fix it...but it would do it again???

Sometimes it is the channel and not the receiver. I have noticed that the FOX LIL affiliate tends to stutter a lot; and HdNet does as well, but for just a short time and then all is good. At one time the ABC LIL affiliate was so off that there was about a second gap; you could not watch it. Then it will completely clear up.

My point is that sometimes it could be the receiver, but it could be the feed E* is getting. AND with LIL feeds of network affiliates there is no guarantee of quality.

No stuttering or audio problem noted here.

My old series "B" 622 has been plugging along with only an occasional reboot every 60 days (usually prompted by faulty OTA signals) for so since 02/15/2006.

The stuttering has been on my 622, since way back. One thing that I did notice is that while it was stuttering on the digital optical output, it was not stuttering with the analog RCA output. In single mode I was watching the same program on two sources. I keep hoping that a software update will fix this soon; it's the most noticeable and annoying flaw of my 622.

No stuttering here, but I suddenly have a lot more audio drop outs. 90% of the time I can recover the audio by hitting "skip back" but it's annoying. Now it's happening too often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)