Audio sync problem on OTA channels

pychiowa

Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Not sure if this has been discussed in this forum, but I seem to notice an audio sync problem when watching OTA channels versus Dish channels. I have a 942, a Samsung DLP TV, and a Denon receiver. I first noticed a problem between my DVD picture and audio (audio came before the video so it really sounded weird), so I adjusted my Denon receiver to put in enough audio delay to eliminate the problem. This works out for my Dish 942 receiver as well, except when I am on OTA channels. On OTA channels, my audio is advanced ahead of the video noticeably.

Supposing that I incorrectly compensated for the sync problem before, it still stands to reason that, all things being equal, the audio on the OTA channels in the 942 would be advanced ahead of the Dish channels. What gives? Anyone have any ideas?

Patrick

Odd, if it was your receiver, I would assume the audio would be behind the video. I would assume it is an OTA signal problem since you said the video is behind.

Is your receiver doing anything to the video signal (pass-thru) or is the video direct to the tv?

Is your receiver doing any sort of digital processing other than the delay (cinema, hall, simulating a center channel or rear channels?) on the audio for dvd.

Can you make your receiver pass the raw signal through without processing it and see what it does?

Have your tried taking the receiver completly out of the loop? Yeah, lots of cable swapping to do the testing, but it's a good place to start.

Honestly, I have never seen a dvd audio track come before the video, only the other way around when the receiver is doing some funky sound adjustments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts