Audio Sync

compcond

Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
With all the problems people are having with lip sync would it really be that difficult or use too much RAM to add a -5...|...+5ms audio sync adjustment to the menu options on the VIP receivers?

I wish they would do something about it. Watching HD channels is noticably worse than SD. I feel your pain and get pi**ed off too.

I recently bought an LG 55LH90 and am only 10' away from it. I feel like I'm always watching a Japanese horror film.

I have rejiggered my audio so I'm going through the TV then through a Sony decoder just to fix the stupid timing. The Dish receiver has analog out and I'm using a 2-channel Conrad-Johnson audio system so I really don't need the extra cables but I DO need the extra delay.

Why the necessity for a Rube Goldberg solution?

This 722 problem is in the analog audio on TV1 The analog audio on TV2 will be in synch with the video as is the digital audio on TV1.

In my case I have my 722 receiver in a basement home theater connected by an HDMI cable through a Denon AVR receiver to a projector. Everything worked perfectly there. I also ran component video and the analog audio upstairs to a second TV. The audio synch problem was terrible upstairs while everything was fine in the basement. I also noticed the RF modulated SD signal to my second TVs was in synch.

I "fixed" this by simply moving the analog audio connection from the TV1 RCA jacks to the TV2 jacks on the 722. The way I use my system there appears to be no downside to doing this.

ive been dealing with this for years now. it seems to have gotten better recently. but there is still problems on some of the channels.seems to get worse at night?! maybe they divert bandwidth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts