Audit Department Worry

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad15

Original poster
Hello, i have been with Dish Network for a little over a year now.. I also have an RV about an hour north of here, i have never been called for an audit, but im now worried about it since reading these forums..

I have a 625(leased),311(leased), 311(leased), and 322(i own)

I have 5 TV's in the house, but i only actually use 4 on Dish, i have the 322 i own at the RV (for living room and bed room).. i dont have a land line on file with them as we just use our cell phones, but this is what worries me.. i cannot get 129 at my house, im getting lower 100's on 110 and 119, but cannot get anything from 129 because of the trees, but at my RV, i can get mid 90's from 110 and 119 and mid 60's from 129.. the reason why my signal up there is low is because the pole in the yard is not exactly plumb.

now the real question is, because i can get 129 at my RV on the 322, but not at home.. will they notice that?

They have no way of knowing what your signals strengths are. However someday they may try to call your cell or pop a msg on the screen telling you to call. In that case you better have your 322 back at home and hooked up before you call.

Also Welcome to SatelliteGuys, feel free to sit back and read the forums and learn we are here to help, so ask all the questions you what...

Michael

They have no way of knowing what your signals strengths are. However someday they may try to call your cell or pop a msg on the screen telling you to call. In that case you better have your 322 back at home and hooked up before you call.

Also Welcome to SatelliteGuys, feel free to sit back and read the forums and learn we are here to help, so ask all the questions you what...

Michael

Thanks for the welcome!

well if they try to ask, they will have to wait a day or two for a call back..lol

i have done several DirecTV installations, and had the same setup with them for years, but decided to try dish, and i will say that it seems to hold on much better in heavy rain than Direc did. Right now i am in negotiations with the CEO department because we had a little "mix up" a few months ago about my DVR. I am also seeing if i can get them to supply a Super Dish (i know i wont get it), so i can recieve my locals from 105.

Well I guess it is all to the certain person, but my self I prefer Dish over Directv and I install both everyday and have had both.

If they do shut you down, due to not meeting their aduit demands they will leave your primary receiver running and shut the others down untill you can call and prove they are all in the same house, that is most likely your 625.

brad15,

Sounds like you understand the basics since you've read other threads.

As ke4est suggests, I'd highly recommend that you carry the RV receiver home and hook it up to a TV when you're not using the RV. You might even want to use the primary receiver in the RV - it won't be shut off if you happen to be on the road if DISH calls for the audit.

You're probably a prime target for audit - 4 receivers with no phone connection. You're even more of a target if you subscribe to lots of channels.

Thanks for the welcome!

well if they try to ask, they will have to wait a day or two for a call back..lol

i have done several DirecTV installations, and had the same setup with them for years, but decided to try dish, and i will say that it seems to hold on much better in heavy rain than Direc did. Right now i am in negotiations with the CEO department because we had a little "mix up" a few months ago about my DVR. I am also seeing if i can get them to supply a Super Dish (i know i wont get it), so i can recieve my locals from 105.

Why not just use a D1000 since your locals are also on the 129?

Hello, i have been with Dish Network for a little over a year now.. I also have an RV about an hour north of here, i have never been called for an audit, but im now worried about it since reading these forums..

I have a 625(leased),311(leased), 311(leased), and 322(i own)

I have 5 TV's in the house, but i only actually use 4 on Dish, i have the 322 i own at the RV (for living room and bed room).. i dont have a land line on file with them as we just use our cell phones, but this is what worries me.. i cannot get 129 at my house, im getting lower 100's on 110 and 119, but cannot get anything from 129 because of the trees, but at my RV, i can get mid 90's from 110 and 119 and mid 60's from 129.. the reason why my signal up there is low is because the pole in the yard is not exactly plumb.

now the real question is, because i can get 129 at my RV on the 322, but not at home.. will they notice that?
The reason why my signal up there is low is because the pole in the yard is not exactly plumb, sounds like the RV isn't mobile. If the RV is licensed apply for a RV exemption that should cut down on the audit chances seeing 1 receiver is expected to be mobile.

brad15,

Sounds like you understand the basics since you've read other threads.

As ke4est suggests, I'd highly recommend that you carry the RV receiver home and hook it up to a TV when you're not using the RV. You might even want to use the primary receiver in the RV - it won't be shut off if you happen to be on the road if DISH calls for the audit.

You're probably a prime target for audit - 4 receivers with no phone connection. You're even more of a target if you subscribe to lots of channels.

im too lazy to do that..lol the RV is stationary and is not going anywhere any time soon, i will just leave the 322 up there for now and see what happens.

Why not just use a D1000 since your locals are also on the 129?

Cant get 129 at my house, even with a seperate d300.. i already have a d1000 on the roof.

The reason why my signal up there is low is because the pole in the yard is not exactly plumb, sounds like the RV isn't mobile. If the RV is licensed apply for a RV exemption that should cut down on the audit chances seeing 1 receiver is expected to be mobile.

How would i go about that?

im too lazy to do that..lol the RV is stationary and is not going anywhere any time soon, i will just leave the 322 up there for now and see what happens. ...
The what will happen is well documented in other threads.

An RV exemption isn't a low-cost solution since it requires a separate account.

The what will happen is well documented in other threads.

An RV exemption isn't a low-cost solution since it requires a separate account.

I talked to tech support today, and it's notated to my account that i can leave the 322 up at my RV with no issues (she said their big worry was to be sure the locals are the same). I gave her the address and lot number where it's located and she said that's all she needed, and i was up there after that and it's still active, along with the receivers at my house.

I also talked them into sending a tech out to install a super dish because i cannot get 129 at home, but can get 105.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)