Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome once again to SatelliteGuys and our Retailer Chat Recap!

If you have not read one of these before its quite simple, we recap news from the Retailer Chat which may be of interest to you the consumer. We however do not discuss sensitive dealer issues such as what they pay for stuff. If you are a retailer and would like to discuss retailer issues please visit our sister site at http://boards.dishretailer.com

Since we are listening and not watching the chat we could miss some information which may be shown on the screen.

Since this chat is typed in real time you may (and will) see spelling mistakes. :D

Also please join us in our chat room which is now open! The chat room can be found at http://chat.satelliteguys.us

Todays chat is about the Start, Jim and Amir just checked their mics (guess no Charlie today)

Enjoy and welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The show opens up, Amir tells us it will be a busy show today...

They open up and talk about winning the JD powers award. They are thanking the customers and retailers for getting them the award...

On October 4th and 5th there will be a mini Team Summit for dealers in Pheonix.

Now talking about Locals, listing all the ones they launched. Amir now QUICKLY reads a list of makets due to launch. All them have been announced before.

They are
Terry Haute, Ind
Clarksburg, WV
Idaho Falls
Lubbuck, TX
Panama City, FL

Now talking about Dish Network Fantasy Football on Dish Interactive for $4.99 a month or $19.99 per season.

Dish talks about HD, the 6 months free HD pack is ONLY for new subscribers only.

Dish is also introducing LCD HD sets.

The are 30 and 40 inch flat screens, about 5 inches think, wall mounts will be available.

30 inch is $1999 and the 40 inch is $3999 these are expected in end of september.

Talking about Sirius, saying its not moving as well as they hoped. They will be offering dealers a showroom account, the retailer must sell two radios a month to have a free showroom account.

When you say new subscribers does that mean only new customers or just subs that dont already have the HD pack?

With Direct TV many un subscribed and then re subed and got the discount.

They are still working on a "come back" program for former customers, it will be a DHA with commitment plan, no details yet.

It is now question time which means no more news for this edition.

However if something is interesting in the questions I will post it.

That does it for now (unless there is an interesting question) thanks for coming to Dish Network.

Here are some photos of the HD Monitors. BTW these are no made by RCA, instead I believe that these monitors are made by "InFocus" (At least that is the company name I remember reading on the boxes when they were packing up the monitors in Dallas.)

Attachments

• tv1.jpg
    tv1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 570
  • tv2.jpg
    tv2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 539
I'm with ScottChez in wondering about the 6 month HD promotion. I am a current Dish subscriber with an 811, but I don't have the HD package (never have). Will I be eligible for the promotion, or is that not known yet?

If Sirius is not moving as well as expected why not bundle the equipment with the lease program and add lets say $20 to the monthly programming to off set the cost of the equipment and programming. If you keep the package for the year your cost will go down to the $13 a month for the service. Sirius would move a lot faster like that. You don't need the house kit just the basic receiver and the car kit. They give the car kit away half of the time for different specials and you end paying 84 bucks for the equipment. It would be a great way to sell more. I don't really care about the yearly bulk discount they say they give E* subscribers you only save a few dollars a month.

ScottChez said:
When you say new subscribers does that mean only new customers or just subs that dont already have the HD pack?

With Direct TV many un subscribed and then re subed and got the discount.

I'm guessing they mean new customers. Would be very much in keeping with their usual practice of giving current customers the finger. Why do they need to please you? They already have you.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Here are some photos of the HD Monitors. BTW these are no made by RCA, instead I believe that these monitors are made by "InFocus" (At least that is the company name I remember reading on the boxes when they were packing up the monitors in Dallas.)
Infocus makes the x-1...like mine even if it is only 800x600, best sd you ever see for the price imho :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now talking about Locals, listing all the ones they launched. Amir now QUICKLY reads a list of makets due to launch. All them have been announced before.

They are
Terry Haute, Ind
Clarksburg, WV
Idaho Falls
Lubbuck, TX
Panama City, FL

Actually, Lubbock was a new one at least to me. If it was announced officially before, I missed that one. I updated the locals pages to reflect this new revalation. :)

See ya
Tony

Sirius Program

Just FYI Sirius direct has a promotion. Receiver, car kit and boom box for $149. Plus 3 months free with a 11 month contract (Terry Bradshaw TV Ad. You might need to ask them about this one since they didnt even know ad was running) Looks like a good deal if you want Sirius. I asked about a special Dish promotion and they said there was none.

TNGTony said:
Actually, Lubbock was a new one at least to me. If it was announced officially before, I missed that one. I updated the locals pages to reflect this new revalation. :)

See ya
Tony

I am with you on this one. I live in the Midland/Odessa market just to the south of Lubbock and am actually more interested in it than my home market since I was raised in Lubbock and my family is still there. So I have been paying special attention to these markets.

Lubbock will probably be on 148. There is a religous network based in Midland that has licensed full power statioins in Midland, Lubbock, Amarillo, Snyder (all Texas) and Roswell, New Mexico. They show the excact same programming on all these stations. So E could map Lubbock's KTPB to the same transponder carrying Amarillo's KTPF.

I have been waiting for Lubbock locals for awhile now.Just a matter of time after Amarillo.Anyone know when they will launch them??Will a superdish be needed???

cdprayor said:
I have been waiting for Lubbock locals for awhile now.Just a matter of time after Amarillo.Anyone know when they will launch them??Will a superdish be needed???

Darkman over at dbstalk in his summary said all the locals mentioned were Sept/Oct planned launches.

In my earlier post I suggested LBB will probably be on 148 since E would be able to map two channels (KPTF in Amarillo and KPTB in Lubbock) to one signal since they are both licensed full power satellites of KMLM in Midland/Odessa.

I am curious if KJTV will be part of the package. They operate several lp's and I can see where they might put up a fight to get at least a couple of them inlcuded, the UPN22 and Telemundo46.

I wish they would do away with the dma restrictions, I live in S.E. NM, I am closer to El Paso, Lubbock and Midland/Odessa than Albuqureque, In fact in the past we had El Paso and a Lubbock Ota stations (abc from El Paso and nbc From Lubbock unfortunantly they were bought out by Albuqurque who barely acknowledge our existance. ( when skip is right I can get channel7 from odessa and 11 from Lubbock) the people down here go to these citys to shop when then need something from a big city, not albuqureque...

dfergie said:
I wish they would do away with the dma restrictions, I live in S.E. NM, I am closer to El Paso, Lubbock and Midland/Odessa than Albuqureque, In fact in the past we had El Paso and a Lubbock Ota stations (abc from El Paso and nbc From Lubbock unfortunantly they were bought out by Albuqurque who barely acknowledge our existance. ( when skip is right I can get channel7 from odessa and 11 from Lubbock) the people down here go to these citys to shop when then need something from a big city, not albuqureque...

Yeah, I actually "moved" to NM for a year so I could get the ABQ locals due to the fact one of their stations carried the Big 12 basketball package. And I noticed it had to be an extraordinary event east of the mountains to be mentioned on their news. Southern Lea County is actually in the Midland/Odessa dma and channel 9 (NBC) does as good a job as any of them covering Hobbs, et al.

(I "moved" back to Tx after I got my fta system so I could watch the basketball package.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts