August - the Month of new HD?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Well,
August is now here - DISH apparently has to add Food HD by 8/30 - and we'll now see if any other goodies are on the menu.

Comcast rolled out MHD today in a broad area of the Northeast - so that's definitely one on my (and other's) lists.

Hopefully DISH can wrap up a MHD/Logo agreement and get it on for us.

psumattDE said:
Well,
August is now here - DISH apparently has to add Food HD by 8/30 - and we'll now see if any other goodies are on the menu.

Comcast rolled out MHD today in a broad area of the Northeast - so that's definitely one on my (and other's) lists.

Hopefully DISH can wrap up a MHD/Logo agreement and get it on for us.

I hope that DISH gets MHD soon. I want that station more then then any other HD station DISH doesn't currently have.

Yes, when you title a speculative thread with a declaration rather than a question (or clear statement that it's speculation), it's very misleading to people browsing the threads. Another board (not dbstalk) has to edit thread titles all the time because of it.

Jim S. said:
Yes, when you title a speculative thread with a declaration rather than a question (or clear statement that it's speculation), it's very misleading to people browsing the threads. Another board (not dbstalk) has to edit thread titles all the time because of it.

Actually,
it's not misleading at all. DISH is under contract to launch Food HD within 60 days of its launch. (IF you read other posts here you would see that).

Therefore, it has to be launched by August 30th. Therefore, there will be at least 1 new HD channel this month.

Crystal?

So, whoever ADDED the question marks to my first post and title - you can remove them, thank you.

Tom Bombadil said:
I sure hope there isn't much added. I'd rather see better quality from what we have now.

I will second that motion... They could turn off Universal HD, HGTV HD, and about half those VOOM HD channels right now as far as Im concerned (If it would up the quality of the remaining channels)..Give me quality before quantity, PLEASE :D

guffy1 said:
I will second that motion... They could turn off Universal HD, HGTV HD, and about half those VOOM HD channels right now as far as Im concerned (If it would up the quality of the remaining channels)..Give me quality before quantity, PLEASE :D

I seriously doubt they would eliminate channels. From a marketing perspective that does not make sense.

If it is true that they have to offer Food Network by the end of this month, that will be a big selling point for Dish I think.

guffy1 said:

ATTN Dish Network subscribers: There will be no US Open HD coverage because guffy doesn't like Universal HD. Thank You.

psumattDE said:
Actually,
it's not misleading at all. DISH is under contract to launch Food HD within 60 days of its launch. (IF you read other posts here you would see that).

Therefore, it has to be launched by August 30th. Therefore, there will be at least 1 new HD channel this month.

Crystal?

So, whoever ADDED the question marks to my first post and title - you can remove them, thank you.

Actually, it is misleading. So what if Dish gets Food HD in August? Why does one new HD channel constitute August - the Month of New HD in big, bold black letters? Do you know of any more HD coming in August or are you speculating?

Unless you know for sure of at least a few more HD channels, all coming in August, then it's speculation and thus "questionable" and therefore the question marks should stay - thank YOU very much.

Only HD I would like to see them add is more of the local markets like Oklahoma City. :) But overall I'm pleased with what they have given us so far and more than anyone else out there..

guffy1 said:

As far as I am concerned they should keep HGTV, Universal HD, and those Voom HD channels :p

I love my HD but I don't get what is so great about seeing food in HD...sorry, no offense. Just curious...what am I missing? (And what is MHD?) Thanks all.

faster345 said:
I love my HD but I don't get what is so great about seeing food in HD...sorry, no offense. Just curious...what am I missing? (And what is MHD?) Thanks all.

I second that. I don't understand why FOOD CH has an HD ch. I understand that people say ..."any HD is good HD". I can't understand why this ch even exsists. To me it's a waste for the owners of the ch and a waste of bandwidth. Just my opinion.

I don't think any of Rachael's shows are being recorded in HD.

This channel has no appeal to me at all. Neither my wife, my daughter, or I ever watch the SD Food channel. Of course, that doesn't make us unique because few people do watch this channel. Although the people who do watch, tend to really like it. It generates very high loyalty ratings from its viewers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)