Ausmus to be Tigers new manager

I'm assuming your "Brad who" is based on his lack of managerial experience rather than not knowing much about him.

I'm assuming your "Brad who" is based on his lack of managerial experience rather than not knowing much about him.

Exactly. I know he's had baseball experience as a player and working in the front/back offices. However, most managers hone their leadership skills in a progressive set of experiences in the minor leagues and/or on the coaching staff of an established veteran. Very interesting call by Dombrowski.

Well, you have to start somewhere! He does have a little experience as a manager, and 18 years as a ml catcher.

Press conference at 4:30, not that it takes much to be different from Jim Leyland, but he is a 360 degree change from him. From what I have read he appears to be a stats/numbers kind of manager

This is his third go around with the Tigers. Former genius Randy smith, acquired him twice

Personally, I like the choice and seeing that it seems to be the trend of hiring 1st time managers, I'm all for it.

Catchers tend to be very successful as managers ...

Matheny for the Cards was a no manager exp. hire also a catcher and he's doing fine in St. Louis.

Scocia I believe was in the same boat a few years back, he;s turned into a very good manager, also a former catcher.

Maybe the Tigers will hire Alex Avila as a Bench Coach and find someone else to catch for them. :D

There are far more former catchers as managers than any other position.

Personally, I like the choice and seeing that it seems to be the trend of hiring 1st time managers, I'm all for it.

Catchers tend to be very successful as managers ...

Matheny for the Cards was a no manager exp. hire also a catcher and he's doing fine in St. Louis.

Scocia I believe was in the same boat a few years back, he;s turned into a very good manager, also a former catcher.

Maybe the Tigers will hire Alex Avila as a Bench Coach and find someone else to catch for them. :D

Sounds like gene Lamont will be a hold over and stay on staff as bench coach

Well, you have to start somewhere! He does have a little experience as a manager, and 18 years as a ml catcher.

Yeah, but it is usually as a minor league coach or a bench coach of some kind.

Eh.. I don't really have a strong opinion about Ausmus either way. I do trust Dombroski though so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also reported a few days ago, Tigers pitching coach Jeff Jones will also be staying on board.
This is a great move as he has the Starters pitching great ... now lets get something done with the PEN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)