Auto House-Cleaning Myth Revisited...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cheezwiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2004
OK,

Before the round of updates, my 522 was not experiencing the following problem..

If I play a recorded show while another is recording, the color fades in and out on the show I am watching...

Noting some other folks concerns on processor strain, I tried deleting off about 11 hours of recording history. Now I am not experiencing the color fade problem.

I think that rather than delete old shows preemptively before starting a new recording, it dries to do it dynamically. When watching a recorded show and recording a new show, it is just too much for my box..

Again I repeat that this problem started for me after the last two updates. I will again let it fill up and have to auto house clean and see what happens..

Wishbone said:
Did you have it filled up completely? I haven't seen this problem, but I have never let it go below nine hours remaining.

Mine has been filled up for months.... My problems appeared afer L2.x updates..

OK... I am continuing to narrow down the circumstances that cause problems on my DVR.....

Having empty space is not a fix for me...

If I am watching a recorded show and another starts to record, I get the color distortion problem.

If I am watching a live show and another starts to record, I get a sound dropout that requires switching channels to fix.

I am also continuing to have the random sound dropouts that require hitting the skip-back button to fix. They are completely random except the circumstance mentioned above.

Cheese, it's just not worth it man. No matter how hard you analyze it, these problems are basically at random. The only thing I've been able to pinpoint is that if I start watching a recording, say the olympics, before it's done recording I will definitely get audio hiccups.

I may be wrong, but I keep getting the feeling that the skipping is during scenes that have a lot of action going on. Since it's Variable Bit Recording, in scenes with lots of action the video will need more hard drive space to store it's information. But, like I said, it's not worth trying to figure out, IMO.

No,
In my case there is definitely a pattern.

If I am watching a recorded show via TV1, then a show starts to record on TV2, we get the color flux problem.

If we are watching Live TV on tuner 1 and a show starts to record on tuner two, the sound quits on tuner 1. The sound will not return until skip-back is pressed, or pause-play. As a test I let it run 30 mins. in this condition. The sound will not return on its own.

Now the audio drop outs are COMPLETELY RANDOM, except in the first case above. We had the sound drop out on us 6 TIMES while watching a one hour episode of Monk. Four times in the Dead Zone... ARRRRG :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)