AV receiver & Vip 622 via HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jshaw49

Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Does anyone have their 622 connected to their audio receiver and if so, how? Is the 622 connected to the television or to the A/V receiver? If connected to the t.v. how does the sound come through the a/v receiver? If connected to the receiver, how do you connect it to the t.v.?

I have my 622 connected via HDMI to my Vizio 42" 1080i LCD. The 10 watt speakers on this TV sucks so I shut them off and ran Audio Out from the TV to my Yamaha receiver. It now sounds great. Since I believe all outputs are "live" on the 622, you may want to hook-up your receiver direct to your 622 via Digital Audio Out or Audio (red/white) Out from the component outputs if your TV doesn't have Audio out, but most sets do. I would recommend Digital Audio out though if you are using a 5.1 audio setup.

Thanks. Since the 622 has only 1 HDMI port I guess there is no way to connect the HDMI to both your t.v and your A/V receiver and take advantage of audio & video through it.

:welcome

I run component and optical into the receiver and then run component to the TV. This works great since DD 5.1 is not available as of yet through the HDMI connection. Supposedly with 4.01 release. The picture quality is outstanding.

SInce both the Component and the HDMI port are active at the same time, I run that straight into the TV. Outstanding picture also. Not everything is DD5.1 so I don't always run the receiver.

Both work great.

S~

I chose not to use the HDMI output from the 622. Instead I use the component out with an optical cable for audio to my LG plasma. Then I have an optical audio out connection on the TV that I have hooked up to my Sony Home Theatre ( stereo ) System. I can use just the TV sound system by not turning the Sony unit on. If I want Home Theatre sound I just mute the TV speakers with my remote and turn on The Home Theatre System.

I have both HDMI and Component run to my 50" Panasonic Plasma. Also composite audio out directly to the TV. I run optical to my AV receiver. That way, I can choose to use the AV receiver when I want (and the wife & kids don't have to mess with the AV remote/etc. when they just wanna watch some TV).

I also run (I'm always in single mode) the TV2 composite audio/video to a splitter & out to a VCR and to the AV receiver - so I can copy to tape on the VCR, and also use the AV receiver switching capability to feed other devices when needed.

I run the HDMI to my HDTV, and optical to my receiver. TV speakers are always off.

There are some receivers that allow you to plug HDMI into them, and they output HDMI to the TV. These may allow multiple HDMI inputs, so you can choose which via the receiver, and then it always outputs the selection to the TV. However, I've seen a post somewhere indicating that with some TVs there may be an HDCP problem and using a receiver or HDMI switch like this doesn't always work.

I chose not to use HDMI due to the ongoing hardware and software issues. Component to the TV, Optical out to my Sony HT. Volume on TV is off, I always use HT for audio, even the non-surround stuff. It's just easier. I use a Harmony 880 remote to control all the pieces and to handle the switch between inputs.

Component PQ is great!!

I run component video and optical digital audio cables from the 622 to my Yamaha receiver. THen i run component video out from the yamaha to my 42inch panasonic plasma. Like others have mentioned, i do not even bother to run audio to the plasma becasue i would rather listen to everyhting thorugh my 5.1 speakers via the yamaha. i also run my DVD player to the yamaha the same way (component video/optical audio). that way i can use the receiver to do my switching. i press one button to toggle video and audio source between DVD and DISH 622.

jshaw49 - if you have a receiver with HDMI you should be able to do the same but with one hdmi cable from the 622 to your receiver and one hdmi cable from your receiver to your TV. my receiver does not have any HDMI ports so i can not test this. but in theory...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts