AV switch recommendation

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Looking for recommendations on AV switches for component, Digital audio at the least, if it has svid and regular audio jacks that is fine.

I see ones from Joytech and Psyclone, but see mixed reviews on them. Has anyone here used them? what others can you guys recommend. I don't want to spend a fortune.

Ya know I was at monoprice before I posted the thread and I could not get a single page with their switch info to come up. Odd.

I thought maybe they discontinued a line or something.

I have one of their 5 port HDMI switches and it works great. Too bad the digital audio is coax and not optical. I have a few digital coax devies left so it might do the trick with some reconfiguration on my setup

I have the 3X1 Optical Audio Toslink Bi-Directional Manual Switch from monoprice and it works great. But of course it is audio only. I was looking at buying the 2X1 Manual HDMI Switch. Looks like you like your 5 port switch. Any other complaints with it besides lack of digital optical?

The 5x1 HDMI works great. Since it's HDMI it doesn't need digital optical :) My post was all run together. I meant too bad the component switcher from monoprice looks to only do coax digital audio, no optical

I was looking around and saw the ones at the box stores from Psyclone and Joytech, but the reviews on both were not speaking very highly of picture quality on the devices, but of course the psyclone has the optical ports along with component.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)